Creative/inexpensive Ways To Store Cake?

Decorating By Aimster279 Updated 22 Mar 2005 , 7:18pm by Mchelle

Aimster279 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimster279 Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 9

I need some cheap/creative ways to store 2 9/13 cakes for my kids birthday party this weekend.

All help is greatly appreciated!!!

Amy icon_smile.gif

8 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 9

Is this so that they don't see them?
Go to the grocery store, go into the produce department and see if they have any empty boxes.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 9

IN THE REFRIGERATOR IF THEY WILL FIT. IF YOU LIVE WHERE IT IS COLD, THEN OUTSIDE. I LIVE IN NEW YORK AND I DO THAT IN THE WINTER. I LEAVE THE CAKE ON THE FRONT PORCH IN A BOX. HOPE THAT HELPED.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 9

I would be afraid to leave a cake out on my porch in case some little critter smelled the frosting and decided he wanted a snack. icon_surprised.gif I have had racoons and skunks on more than one occasion (at several different places that I have lived at) break into garbage bags because they have smelled my frosting and they love it. Depending on the type of icing and fillings, you will more than fine leaving the cakes out on the counter overnight well covered.

***Hehe- skunks, when it's 5 in the morning and dark out and you don't have your glasses on they look like cats, oh did that bring back a funny memory icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 9

I'm hiding my son's filled Easter Basket downstairs on a shelf right now with a small bag in front of it to block it.

How about just using a cake box and putting it with your cake pans or on a shelf somewhere?

Debbie

Aimster279 Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 9

LOL at the animals. That would be me too. Yes I need to keep them hidden from the kids seeing them and jsut storing them and keeping from drying out.

So a box in the cool garage will be ok? I am baking on Friday and the party is Saturday.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 9

That should be fine as long as you aren't using any fillers that need to be refrigerated. I keep my cakes on the counter for a couple days all of the time and they're fine.

Debbie

Aimster279 Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 9

No fillers, just a yellow and a chocolate cake.

Thanks to you all for the info.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 7:18pm
post #9 of 9

Aimster, I keep mine in the garage (when it's cool). I wrap them in saran wrap and put them back in the clean pan (so it won't get damaged) and put them inside a plastic bag. It works fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%