Alaska Theme

Decorating By estherhead Updated 3 Apr 2005 , 4:43pm by flayvurdfun

estherhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherhead Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 5

I need help with an Alaskan theme for 15 people. Maybe in the shape of Alaska or with whales or a glacier? Anyone done anything like this or have an idea?

4 replies
Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 12:44am
post #2 of 5

I went on an Alaskan cruise many years ago and one of the things I thought was so fascinating were the glaciers and icebergs (which are actually a bluish color that I can remember).

What about a take on that where you would maybe have some mountains/glaciers and then at the bottom water. In the water have the tailfin of a couple Orca whales sticking out. What I remember most were seeing Bald Eagles, Orca whales and sealions in abunadance.

Just my thoughts.................... icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 5:47am
post #3 of 5

esterhead~

I just saw a "Boonies Cake" in the galleries. It had woods w/ pine trees, mountains, bears & fish & a little lake. It was really cute. Take a look at it in the gallery sections. I think it's under uncatorgorized pics. Let me know what you think. ~TC~

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 5

I have never been to Alaska, but when I read your post I thought of a wedding cake I had seen on www.mikesamazingcakes.com. You might get some ideas from there. I like what Joshsmom gave as ideas. Let us know how it turns out!
Suzanna

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 5

If these men are hunting phanatics then I would think fondant deer, MOOSE, fish etc. Maybe an edible image of a scene in Alaska?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%