Shipping Cookies

Baking By Caribou Updated 28 Nov 2005 , 12:13am by acookieobsession

Caribou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caribou Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:49am
post #1 of 4

Have any of you shipped cookies? I think I posted that I'm using the No Fail cookie recipe and I want to ship several boxes out of state. How would you ship them? What would you pack them in to avoid breaking and shifting?

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 4

There is a really good" How" to ship ciookies on this site:

http://www.karenscakes.com/cookies/howto_shipstore.htm

I would also ship them overnight or 2-3 days delivery to avoid breakage but that can become quite costly...really the only way to keep them out of the delivery hands for that long!!!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 4

Last time I shipped cookies, I lined the box with bubble wrap. Each cookie pop was wrapped in it's own sleeve of bubble wrap. Then I did layers of cookies followed by peanut packing foam and continued layering like that. They recieved the Cookies in perfect condition. LOL the kids had fun hunting for the Cookies.

Label the box FRAGILE and right TOP on the top of the box. This way they tend to be a bit More gentle.

Yea shipping is expensive. I had mine overnighted which is even more expensive than 2-3 day delivery.

Princess

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:13am
post #4 of 4

I ship quite a lot of cookies...and this is what I do....use either a box with a lid or a basket. Fill bottom with SPring Fill (that crinkly paper stuff) then Place a bagged (important to bag since it will touch the spring fill) cookie on top. then a little crinkle fill to cushion, then lay the next cookie on it at an angle. Not exactly on top but laying on it, then the next one and so on. The important part is the cushion between the cookies. you can either cover the top with more crinkle, then put on the lid. Or if it is a basket use a shrink bag. Then I place the box/bag in a peanut filled shipping box. Always label fragile...plus I use priority mail..cheap and fast. Hope that helps! i spent the summer testing shipping...so I understand the need to make it work... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%