Buttercream To Go With French Vanilla Cake

Baking By smashcakes Updated 17 Nov 2005 , 4:32am by gdixoncakes

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 5

i'm in the middle of making a french vanilla cake, i was wondering if anyone had a good flavor of buttercream other than the vanilla to try with it, i've never done a french vanilla cake before. i have some almond flavoring or maybe raspberry ? i don't want anything too complicated. thanks if anyone is out there icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 5

go with the booze...yee haw!!

Kahlua, Grand Marnier, Bailey's...all taste amazing! You can syrup the cake with a drizzle on each layer when assembling AND add a tablespoon or 2 to your buttercream!!

Yum yum!!! thumbs_up.gif

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 5

That sounds yummy, unfortunately i am home alone with my 4 small children, do you think it would be o.k. to take them to the liquor store (lol) i think i just happened to throw out some amaretto i had about 2 weeks ago icon_sad.gif

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:23am
post #4 of 5

My husband loves to tell the story of the time we took our children with us to the liquor store to buy something for a charity poker tournament. We were walking down the aisle and our son yelled out "Hey! That's my teacher over there!" She looked a little embarrassed... But yes, I think it's okay to take your children with you. Parents are regular people, too.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:32am
post #5 of 5

I don't know if this helps but someone posted how to make amaretto a few days ago:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-10511-irish.html+cream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%