Ot... Funny Cat Story -- Updated With Picture!!

Lounge By Cake_Geek Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 2:36pm by jscakes

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 32

DH is part of a local canoe and kayak club and this Wed night they are having a video show called "The Best of the Rest" which is all the funny crash and burn video footage. Last night, DH and I were sitting on the computer room floor with my laptop and a projector I borrowed from work trying to see if his dvd creation would play on it and how the projected video would look.

So there we are sitting with the image playing on the wall not more than 5 feet in front of us. In walks my nosey cat Roo to see what we were doing since we were not giving her the admiration she often demands. She stood there trying to figure out the smell of the projector fan and the moving colors that aren't normally there on the white wall. She slowly crept forward then sat squarely in the middle of the projection and watched the video on the wall!! A few times she'd turn around to check out the projector like she might have been able to watch it better that way but got the blinding light in her eyes. Realizing the wall was a better view, she proceeded to sit there and watch the video (well the parts that weren't being shown on her).

This just cracked me up because she's always trying to get into whatever we do. I took a picture but was too tired last night to upload it. Hopefully tomorrow I can remember.

I attached the photo!! She's such a nosey one!
LL

31 replies
gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 32

I think cats are the joy of our lives! icon_biggrin.gif My husband hates ours! icon_evil.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 32

That is so funny, I can just see her sitting there in the middle of the pictures! It is amazing how they "invite" themselves into your activities!

My cat, Rupert, is getting old and sleeps a lot and will disappear for hours, but just let me start talking on the phone and there he is, trying to talk to me while I'm trying to talk to someone else! He also "helps" me read the newspaper! Janice

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 32

Cats are so smart and funny icon_biggrin.gif Can't wait to see the pic. I'm surprised Roo didn't try to chase whatever she saw. It must have been really interesting!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

That is so funny, I can just see her sitting there in the middle of the pictures! It is amazing how they "invite" themselves into your activities!

My cat, Rupert, is getting old and sleeps a lot and will disappear for hours, but just let me start talking on the phone and there he is, trying to talk to me while I'm trying to talk to someone else! He also "helps" me read the newspaper! Janice

Does he help by lying on top of it while you are trying to read, haha!
Have to see this cat in the video, guess he wanted to be part of the show!
Hugs Squirrelly

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 32

How cute and funny!

I can just see her sitting there right now with her little ears so attentive and curious. Just like a cat having to be part of everything AND the center of attention.

My cat George is just like that. If he's ready to go to bed (with us! icon_confused.gif ) he'll sit either in front of us or on the table next to us and just stare with his eyes half open. He'll just sit there patiently waiting. It's really funny!

I can't wait to see the picture you took!

Amy

Thanks for sharing!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 1:53am
post #7 of 32

Cute story...I LOVE cats, I have 5 myself, 3 inside, 2 outside, and like my children, each have thier very own personality. I have one who likes to sit with me while I am checking out all the new pictures on CC.....I know he is just watching the mouse but it looks like he is looking at all the new photos with me. icon_lol.gif Can't wait to see your picture.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 1:59am
post #8 of 32

2 Cute!

I love cats also. Our is at the Vet's right now...he was walking funny and it turns out he has a very bad urinary infection....they think. He is staying there on medication and if there is no improvement by Friday they said they think that will mean he has kidney disease and will not be able to recover. I am so sad and I hope he makes it!

Sorry to make this topic sad, but I thought you cat lover would understand!

Berta

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:05am
post #9 of 32

My cat Butch tries to sit on the keyboard of my laptop when I am online... usually when I am on CC. I think my hubby trained him to do it so I am not on here so much icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Sorry to hear about your cat Berta... Best wishes and kitty prayers

SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:12am
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle6

2 Cute!

I love cats also. Our is at the Vet's right now...he was walking funny and it turns out he has a very bad urinary infection....they think. He is staying there on medication and if there is no improvement by Friday they said they think that will mean he has kidney disease and will not be able to recover. I am so sad and I hope he makes it!

Berta

Hope this works out well kiddo. Sometimes they have kidney disease but they can still function fine with about 25% function, my male has been functioning at that rate for about 2 years. I hope it works out kiddo.
Hugs Squirrelly

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:22am
post #11 of 32

Don't you just love furry babies? Our youngest one is 8 months old and she knows how to open doors! I love it how they "talk" to me when they want something, or they need something, or they don't understand something.
We have three cats now. We had four but the oldest one was 18 and she died last tuesday. She was very sick though. Hugs to Willow.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:25am
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany

Don't you just love furry babies? Our youngest one is 8 months old and she knows how to open doors! I love it how they "talk" to me when they want something, or they need something, or they don't understand something.
We have three cats now. We had four but the oldest one was 18 and she died last tuesday. She was very sick though. Hugs to Willow.

Awwh, sorry for your loss kiddo, it is never easy!
Hugs Squirrelly

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 5:21am
post #13 of 32

Thanks Squirrelly. Love your avatar by the way.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 5:33am
post #14 of 32

Thanks, some nice person on this site set it up for me! If I had to rely on my own resources, I would be avatarless, haha, that is a word right, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:26am
post #15 of 32

thats cute ...I have a daughter (cat to the rest of the world) named Nadia she is 5 and 1/2 years old she is a seal pont persian and its funny how much liuke family she is ...when it was time to pick orders my DH wanted to go to Japan my FIL said you know youll have to leave the cat here or she die!! I was like then if she cant go Im not going...long story short we are going to San Diego and its Nadias fault........

SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:33am
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastingmoments

thats cute ...I have a daughter (cat to the rest of the world) named Nadia she is 5 and 1/2 years old she is a seal pont persian and its funny how much liuke family she is ...when it was time to pick orders my DH wanted to go to Japan my FIL said you know youll have to leave the cat here or she die!! I was like then if she cant go Im not going...long story short we are going to San Diego and its Nadias fault........

Awwh, we do have to put the important things first, don't we, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:34am
post #17 of 32

I want to see the pic now too!
I fell in love with our son's cat Chewy and now we have "custody" of him since our son is driving all 48 states now. He's a big, spoiled, center of attention, typical cat!
Berta I hope yours gets better, beany-sorry for your loss.

Cake_Geek Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 12:29pm
post #18 of 32

Well thanks to DH's video show and his distinct way of getting me off any track I'm on when he's got something "important" to do, I totally forgot the picture. Tonight I have nothing to do so I will remember tonight.

ayost43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayost43 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 12:41pm
post #19 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

2 Cute!

Berta

Best of Luck to you. I hope he is ok. I don't know what I would do without my Lola. My husband works 60+ hours a week and we just moved so I'm alone a lot and without her company I don't think I would survive. It's funny how a pet can be just like having a person at home, sometimes better!!!

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 12:44pm
post #20 of 32

My mom's cat was diagnosed with Kidney disease before he was even a year old. The vet told my mom that he probably wouldn't live last past three years. With a couple treatments throughout his life he lived to be 14 years old. Good Luck

Cake_Geek Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:19am
post #21 of 32

bumping b/c of picture!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:20am
post #22 of 32

Now that is just too cute! icon_razz.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:33am
post #23 of 32

That is cute! My mom has a few pictures of her cat watching Animal Planet. He even went behind the TV looking for where the animals come from LOL.
Beany- the loss for a pet is a very difficult situation. We rely on them more than we realize sometimes. They are our comfort, our companion, and our family.
blittle-Did they say he was "blocked"? I have been a Vet Tech for 13 years. I am assuming that since he is a "he" and the symptoms you described sounds like he was. If you have questions please feel free to PM me. I have dealt with this alot.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:51am
post #24 of 32

Thanks for posting the pic! Roo looks entranced...I can see why, that's a lot of white water icon_eek.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 3:10am
post #25 of 32

Heehee, that is one cute picture, he ought to be in movies, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 3:17am
post #26 of 32

We have a cat that is totally an inside cat and we have a dog that goes in and out. When the dog goes out the cat waits by the door and when he comes back in he slaps him. It is so funny...lol

Berta...I hope your cat is ok...which Vet do you use? We use Dr. Brakebill.
Sherry

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 3:17am
post #27 of 32

You really need to tell her to sit back a bit or she'll hurt her eyes. icon_lol.gif

She looks so cute sitting there. Thanks for posting the picture. I had a cat for 17 years that was just a kooky.

kos

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 3:33am
post #28 of 32

That is hysterical! You can tell that your cat is totally engrossed in what is happening on the wall! Too funny...thanks!!

Cake_Geek Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:29pm
post #29 of 32

I just thought it was so funny. She tried watching the projector then decided the wall was easier. She'll do that with the tv sometimes too.

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:59pm
post #30 of 32

very cute! reminds me of my kids! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%