Which Ka Mixer To Buy?

Decorating By jdelectables Updated 15 Nov 2005 , 3:05am by MrsMissey

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 5:06am
post #1 of 11

Hi, all ~

I'm getting ready to purchase a KA stand mixer and was wondering which one I should buy? I want a heavy duty one!

Thanks for your help!
Julie

10 replies
i_luv_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_luv_cake Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 5:09am
post #2 of 11

I just saw this post right after posting the exact same question!
There are so many out there, it is hard to know !

Can't wait to hear everyone's opinions!! icon_smile.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 5:36am
post #3 of 11

I have the 600 professional series and I love it! Of course I can only speak from my own experience. But I am sure you will love whichever one you decide on!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 5:36am
post #4 of 11

I have heard that the best one to buy is the one where you have to push the lever and bring the bowl up to the whisk or paddle. To be honest wioth you, I have one of those and find it very annoying to have to remove the attachment I am using to remove the bowl. What ever wattage you get, I suggest getting a tilt head model.

Debbi

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 12:34pm
post #5 of 11

I have the 325w 5qt stand mixer. I have no complaints about it but having to take the attachment off anytime you remove the bowl. That wouldn't keep me from buying it though. I just "upgraded" on a whim and got a 450w model. I can't wait to bust it out of its box but DH hasn't decided if it will be a christmas gift or not!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 11

IMHO you should buy the one with the most watts and the biggest bowl that you can afford.. I am yearning for the 6 qt model but will make due with my 5qt It has served me well since 1989! Like "Tim the toolman" used to say MORE POWER ARRRRRRR! LOL

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 11

I agree....get the largest bowl and the most wattage....my poor little 4 qt mixer trembles when I over fill the bowl. I need to start treating it nicer!! But...I see myself going for the pro series very soon.

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 11

I agree. Buy the largest and most powerful one you can afford. You will not be disappointed. You can always use it for smaller projects too. But have all the power you need for the larger projects.
I want a larger one when I buy my next one, I have the 325 watt right now.
Judy

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 5:59pm
post #9 of 11

Get something with a six quart bowl, I sure don't regret it. I also like way the bowl lifts instead of tilting the head back, I feel it is more space saving and quicker if you just want to add something, etc.

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 11:05pm
post #10 of 11

When I was looking at getting a KA, I also posted a similar question. I went with the Professional 600 and I LOVE IT!!!! If I have something small to do like a single cake mix I'll use my hand-held however I almost always have to make double batches of everything so the KA is perfect for that. As far as the tilt versus the lift mechanism, that's all a matter of opinion. I don't mind having to remove the paddle as it gives me an opportunity to really scrape it off well. It did take some getting used to though. At this point though if someone offered to take my KA or my hubby.....which do you think they'd get? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 3:05am
post #11 of 11

I'd suggest you buy the largest one you can afford! that way you don't have to worry about out growing it any time soon! Regarding the tilt vs. the lever...the lever took a bit of getting use to but now I love mine!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%