Smooth Ganache...

Decorating By adven68 Updated 12 Nov 2005 , 1:45am by tcturtleshell

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning! I have a question about ganache....I made 3 cakes and covered them in ganache....they came out great! I used a little butter and I added a little amaretto and the ganache is yummy yummy!

My question is this:
I have 1 or 2 spots that could stand to be smoothed a bit. Will the hot offset spatula trick work on ganache or will it make a mess? I'm one of theose people who can't leave well enough alone.....

thanks!!

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 4

leave well enough alone, You will probably make a mess, i did when i tried it.

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 4

adven68: i can only assume that you'll be heating your palette knife with water (then wiping it off), and not roasting it over the toasty fire in your avatar icon_wink.gif , so i'd suggest leaving well enough alone. you'd be running the risk of getting moisture on the ganache (causing water spots), and frankly, once ganache sets you should let it be. messing around with it could cause cracking, shifting, discolouration of the spot you're massaging, etc.
glory in the imperfections. icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 1:45am
post #4 of 4

I wouldn't touch it either~ It will do like BCI does when it has hardened. You'll be taking a lot of ganache with you when you smooth it out. Better left alone~ icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%