Ever Made Kransekake?????

Baking By doc_farms Updated 11 Nov 2005 , 6:01am by ashianadotkom

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 3

I have a good recipe now...thanks to some responses off of the How Do I? post....But now I'm wondering if anyone has actually ever made this and if there are any tricks or tips that you only learn making it. I know someone who really really wants to impress her mother-in-law. icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's my recipe...

You can either use special KRANSEKAKE tins, or draw rings of increasing size on baking paper (draw the rings on the paper first and then turn paper over). The smallest ring is approx. 6.5 cm, and each ring increases by 1 cm.

250 g almonds
250 g blanched almonds
500 g icing sugar
3 egg whites
100 g icing sugar
1 egg white

The almonds must be completely dry before being ground. Grind them two times- first just the almonds then together with the icing sugar. Add the egg white to make a firm dough. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Over a low heat, knead the dough until it is almost too hot to touch. Pipe into the well-greased tins. Bake until dry and firm on the outside and sot inside, roughly 15-20 minutes. Allow the rims to cool a little before removing from the tins. Mix the icing sugar and egg white to form a thick icing. Pipe a zig-zag pattern of icing on each ring. Stack the rings in a pyramid before icing dries.. Finally, decorate with candies, flags, etc.
To eat the cake, remove the bottom ring first, so that the cake retains it shape. Break the ring into smaller pieces.

2 replies
doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 3

Just bumping........ no one huh! icon_smile.gif

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 6:01am
post #3 of 3

Is this a norwegian recipe??
I was at awedding a few months ago and the groom cake was this cake/cookie i think.
I will trybut let me know if you try it first
I love anything almond
Thanks

AShiana

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%