I Just Got My Ka Pro 600 Last Night!

Decorating By jen1977 Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 12:31am by zookeeper8

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 28

And all I can say is WOW! I got it in nicke lpearl, and it is so pretty! I had to make some No Fails last night, and I was amazed! My pouring shield wasn't in the box, so I need to call and have them send it to me, but I don't think it will be a problem!

27 replies
LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 28

Congratulations! They rock. You're going to love it!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 28

I'm very jeleous!! icon_redface.gificon_wink.gif Congratulations and enjoy!! icon_biggrin.gif

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 28

it's the bees knees! once you go kitchen aid, you'll never go back icon_biggrin.gif
enjoy!

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 28

COngrats! I got mine for my 30th in November and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so amazing to have.

jen1977 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:30pm
post #6 of 28

I had been using a hand mixer and an Oster Stand mixer that my mom has had for ocer 20 years! I couldn't believe the difference!

My pouring shield is on backorder and will take 2-4 weeks to get here icon_cry.gif

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 28

Does anyone actually use the pouring shield? I spent the extra $ to get one for my mixer years ago, and I have never used it once! It just seems to get in the way.

jen1977 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetamber

Does anyone actually use the pouring shield? I spent the extra $ to get one for my mixer years ago, and I have never used it once! It just seems to get in the way.

I have no idea, but it was supposed to come with mine, so I called to get it. It may come, and I hate it...who knows!

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 28

I do find the pouring shield helpful when doing my icing because the powdered sugar really dusts all over.[/list]

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:52pm
post #10 of 28

i couldn't live without my pouring shield! my kitchen is enough of a mess as it is!! seriously... i love it!

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:55pm
post #11 of 28

I do not use my pouring shield much. I do LOVE my KA 600! It makes baking everything a breeze!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:56pm
post #12 of 28

You lucky girl!!!! I dream of a KA like that!!!

Can't wait to afford it icon_smile.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:56pm
post #13 of 28

Congrats on your mixer thumbs_up.gif I got mine back in September & Its my baby. I love it icon_wink.gif I talk to her all the time icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetamber

I do not have one. I do not plan on getting one. I just would need somewhere to store it.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:58pm
post #14 of 28

How many qrts is your mixer?

I have a love hate relationship with the shield. It does help to keep p.s. from flying all over the place, but it is annoying to try and lift the paddle with the silly thing on.

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 5:35pm
post #15 of 28

I have a 4.5 qt and a 6 qt. If I need to prevent flour or powdered sugar explosions, I just wrap a cloth around the mixer....that's what I learned to do working with 20 and 60 qt. mixers in a bakery, and it works just as well with the smaller ones! I just have a really hard time adding ingredients to my mixer with that darn shield on and then you have to take it off to scrape the bowl (which I do often)...it's just a pain.

jen1977 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:16pm
post #16 of 28

Looks like there's mixed reviews on the shield! I guess I'll have to wait forever for mine to get here, so I can try it out for myself! I do know that I was making No Fails last night, and ended up covered in flour when I turned up the power icon_lol.gif

donnalea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalea Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:16pm
post #17 of 28

I got one last fall and I don't know how I made it. It makes so many jobs so much easier. I use the pouring shield when I'm adding powdered sugar or flour. I measure either one (by weight) into a pitcher and then pour from the pitcher through the pouring shield. It works great.

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:20pm
post #18 of 28

I also just got a pro 600. It makes jobs like MMF and No Fail Sugar Cookies a breeze! So much fun to use!! thumbs_up.gif

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:23pm
post #19 of 28

I got mine last month, and I LOVE IT!!!!! Mine is white, with pearlized finish, I think it is called merigue. I start mixing with the shield on, and I always take it off before it is done. But I do love it, what a difference!!!

missy77510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy77510 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:29pm
post #20 of 28

I just got the same mixer this week (even the same color). I used it for mmf last night I love it! As for the pouring sheild it does make adding powdered sugar a lot less messy, but it takes time getting used to. I love the mixer, but it was a big change from the cheap stand mixer I was using! Congrats on your new purchase.

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:42pm
post #21 of 28

I also got the metallic pearl pro 600 last mothers day, and It's amazing how it has help me in making large qtys of everything,

I am also pro of the spill guard, It does help me not to get flour, or conf. sugar all over the place.

I am a proud KA fan!!!!

Congrats on your buy, Is worth every penny,,,

icon_smile.gif

Adriana

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:51pm
post #22 of 28

HOORAY! Mine is new I also have the 600 my shield was with it and I use it all the time. I make IMBC and it is a must and keeps large quantities in the bowl!
One ? for you and the others with a 600- mine is really LOUD. Like I have to yell over it. I always thought is was normal becasue of the high-powered motor, but family visited last month and when I used it they thought it shouldn't be that loud. Is your's super loud?

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:56pm
post #23 of 28

Mine is not loud, did you check the beater clearance, the beater should not touch the bottom of the bowl when you left the bowl up to use. There is a screw right there in the middle to adjust the bowl lever. I did have to do that to mine.

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #24 of 28

Well mine does make the normal mixing noise, but increases with the speed, that is normal if you have your at 10 speed you do have to speak out louder but I dont think there is a problem with that because you normally beat at this speed for a small period of time.

hope the info helps!!!

icon_smile.gif

I also had troubles at the begining adjusting the bowl, this will also make a noise with the paddle
if its not in the right position

icon_smile.gif

jen1977 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 8:16pm
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvscakes

One ? for you and the others with a 600- mine is really LOUD. Like I have to yell over it. I always thought is was normal becasue of the high-powered motor, but family visited last month and when I used it they thought it shouldn't be that loud. Is your's super loud?

Mine isn't loud at all...it's actually quiter than the 20+ year old Oster stand mixer that I was using! I can't wait to use it again. I just keep wanting to go over and touch it icon_lol.gif

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 8:32pm
post #26 of 28

you're so lucky!! i keep wishing and hoping for one. i graduate from college in may, so maybe i'll ask for as a graduation present!

Sprinkles07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sprinkles07 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 8:37pm
post #27 of 28

Congrats....Hope your loving it. I got my KA Pro600 for xmas and really dont know how I made it without the thing. I love it.

Have Fun with it icon_smile.gif

zookeeper8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zookeeper8 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:31am
post #28 of 28

MINE IS REALLY LOUD TOO. I THOUGht something was wrong because my instructor was suprised when she heard it, but it works great! my friend just got a pro 5 and it souNDS JUST LIKE MINE, SO I ASSUME ITS NORMAL. (SORRY, BROKEN CAPS LOCK...)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%