Cake Club Near Delaware?

Decorating By faithsfancifuls Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 7:13am by zandramads2u3

faithsfancifuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithsfancifuls Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know of a cake club that meets in or near Delaware? I would love to participate in one! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:14am
post #2 of 11

I don't know of any, but I'd like to know if there is one too!

lisap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisap Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 11

Me too. It is hard to even find good classes around here let alone a cake club. I think the closest one might be over near Washington, DC?? I'm in Milford, what about you guys?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 11

I'm originally from Dover De.... and I know that you can usually found out about stuff like that by calling Sheila's Party World, and the Box Outlet in Dover.... I know I used to go in there, and the people could tell me so much about everything.... you could try and see if they can help you....maybe!!! Try Michaels, and Joann's too, they may help....

lisap Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 11

I've never heard of the box outlet in Dover. What is that?

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 11

I can't believe I didn't see this thread before! Not that I can help in any way icon_lol.gif I think there's a party supply store on Governor's Ave. in Dover, maybe that's the one flayvurdfun is referring to? I can't think of the name of it, but I always see it advertised in the Dover Post. I'll pay attention next time.

lisap, I'm just north of Milford! I live up near Medings Seafood. I just started taking the Wilton classes so I'm pretty new to all of this. I figured if there was some sort of cake club in DE it would be up north somewhere. BUT, I did find a store that sells Ateco products today! I went to Kitchen & Co down in Lewes, and got a 9x13 pan on clearance for $17. They also had Ateco tips, bags, fondant rolling mats & impression mats. Although there wasn't a huge selection of cake stuff, I was pretty surprised to find something like that in DE.

-Lisa

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 11

Wow, please let me know if you get one started icon_biggrin.gif

I'm about 1:45 from Seaford. I shop @ Shelia's Party World in Salisbury thumbs_up.gif

lisap Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 11

Small world isn't it? I live just south of Milford right off Route 1. I will have to check out Kitchen & Co. in Lewes. I've driven by it but never stopped. Never thought they would have a cake decorating section! Thanks for the tip. Did you take your Wilton classes in Dover or Rehoboth?

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap

Did you take your Wilton classes in Dover or Rehoboth?

I took Course 1 last month & just started Course 2, both at Michaels in Dover. I have decided that I hate color flow!

Last night I baked a cake in my new Ateco pan & it was just beautiful; it rose very evenly. Go quick because they only had a few of those pans left on clearance thumbs_up.gif I hope they didn't decide to not carry them anymore.

Nice to "meet" you!

-Lisa

mandze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandze Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 3:04am
post #10 of 11

I am in delaware too, near dover.
I shop sheilas, never tried the box outlet but know where it is.

we should all get together to talk cake!

I so want to open a bakery man does dover need one!

zandramads2u3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zandramads2u3 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:13am
post #11 of 11

I know Micheal's in Rehobeth now has the Wilton's cake classes and sells almost all the cake supplies right there. I would love to know of a cake club in Delaware where we meet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%