Edible Image

Decorating By tthardy78 Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 7:15pm by tthardy78

tthardy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tthardy78 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 4

I have a question to those who have the system to make their own images at home. What computer do you have? I have no idea where to start with this and I'm looking to start pricing this to possibly buy at the end of this year. Any help would be great, Thanks.

3 replies
lkuptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkuptain Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think you need a special computer, just a special printer that will accept edible ink cartridges. I believe the company that makes those are called kopy kakes...I think they make cartridges for two kinds of printers, but can't remeber which ones...do a search for kopy kakes on google!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 4

There is an awesome set of Articles on the home page of this site about edible images, printers, etc. I used it a LOT when trying to decide what to do.

Don't forget to check around to see if anyone has any oleder models of printers that they aren't using (like Canon bubble jet)- so many people are upgrading and think some of the older models are useless. I ended up getting mine for free bc a friend was moving and was unloading her "junk". Gosh, wish I could find more junk like that!!! Mine is the Cannon BJC-2110.

Good Luck!
-Michelle

tthardy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tthardy78 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%