Business Name For Me Too Please

Business By squarepair Updated 19 Feb 2007 , 8:29am by Deani

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 28

Ok, you guys have had some great ideas for business names so I would love to get any help too. We are just stuck and have just heard to many now and that seems to be first thing for me to get legalized icon_cry.gif So,,I would like it to be personal if it can some things about me/us. I have extremely curly hair so I had thought Curly Top Cakes, Curly -Q-Cakes, alot of people think they are too cutesy but I kind of think they are catchy. Also our last name is Rounds, which produced Round-about Cakes, Cake ala Rounds. My DH is in the Army so could play off of that too. Last night I told DH when I become rich and famous with my cake making icon_wink.gif I will be his Sugar Mama, which made me laugh thinking what a funny name that would be for a business. Anyway any ideas at all. I don't really have one that I am attached too, just getting burnt out on thinking of names. Oh some others we have thrown around, Simply Cakes, Cakes to Perfection.

Kristin

27 replies
Lexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lexy Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 28

I like curly's Cakes its catching. I dont think any of them are too cutesy. Good Luck

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 28

Hmmmm...I dunno. Associating hair and food products is kind of an "ewww" thing to me. I have a lot of hair and fight it constantly. My daughter does a whole comedy routine about my hair in her school lunches and cupcakes, etc. So maybe I'm super sensitive to the issues.

I like "Sugar Mama" a lot, though. icon_smile.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 28

ok how about:

Curly's Round Cakes
Round and Round Cakes
Curly loves cakes
Rounds Cake Curlz

Soldiers Sweets

nothing great but hey, maybe some fresher ideas... good luck. God Bless you and your family, we just recently retired Navy....

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 28

Sugar Mama is the way too go! thumbs_up.gif

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 28

I like "Sugar Mama". People will remember that name. My DH is military also and I tell him all the time that when he retires he'll be in the kitchen with me baking cakes.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 28

I really like Sugar Mama.

I like names that have a little story, and sometimes some humor, behind them...

Good luck!

Terri_A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terri_A Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 28

I LOVE Sugar Mama!!! I am a firm believer that your business name should have a story behind it! I ended up being Sugar High Cakes because when eating anything sweet, my 5 year old sings a funny rendition of a song called "Sugar High"...so it was fitting. Anyway, you'll have a great story anytime someone asks where you got the name!!!

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 28

I love the song Sugar High...from the Empire Records soundtrack.

Tres cool.

squarepair Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 4:39pm
post #10 of 28

Oh, I thought of another..."Who Wants Cake?" Another question,,do you think there is a huge disadvantage to having a .net web address as opposed to .com?

Kristin

Terri_A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terri_A Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:08pm
post #11 of 28

I personally wanted a name that I could have a ".com" address, but I don't think it's a huge hinderance if you have the ".net" instead. By the way...Who Wants Cake? is really cute!

Here are some names that I kicked around but didn't use....

Cake Chick
Icing on the Cake
Cute Cake!
Cut the Cake
Sugar cakes
Cake Spree
Cake Carousel
Sparkle Cakes
Wonder Cakes
Cake Lace
Lacey Cakes
Cake Ballet
Sweet Baby Cakes
Dream Cakes
Serendipity Cakes

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:16pm
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarepair

Oh, I thought of another..."Who Wants Cake?" Another question,,do you think there is a huge disadvantage to having a .net web address as opposed to .com?

Kristin

They usually recommend only using a .com since that is what most people will look under if they don't have your address handy. I don't know if there are other advantages... not sure if it's indexed any quicker by Google or not. I know they cost more, but might be worth it.

Here are a few business name ideas:

Dreamy Cakes
Cakes by Design
Custom Cakes
Fancy Cakes
Top Dog Cakes
Cake Masters
Cake Happy
Cake Obsession

Wendy

squarepair Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:30pm
post #13 of 28

On godaddy.com they are the same price but some of the domains are already taken. You can add the or my in the front and get that or some other little variant. Hmmm, too many decisions!!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:33pm
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarepair

On godaddy.com they are the same price but some of the domains are already taken. You can add the or my in the front and get that or some other little variant. Hmmm, too many decisions!!

If they're the same price, I'd definitely go with a .com. icon_smile.gif

brilandken Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:12pm
post #15 of 28

Squarepair, my friend here in NC calls her business "Who Wants Cake?". When she was trying to get her website together she found out there is a band by that name and had to go with .biz. They also gave her a hard time when she wanted to trademark her name and was unable to do that. Just some info so you don't have to through what she went did.

squarepair Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:22pm
post #16 of 28

Yeah the domain name is taken. I was thinking maybe doing whowantscakeinVA.com I am surprised about having any trademark problems though because I talked to the US Trademark office today and they said there is no problem with having the same name if you have a different service of was her problem because they were in the same state?? Thanks for the heads up though, this all can be a little overwhelming.

kristin

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:29pm
post #17 of 28

I vote for Sugar Mama!
usaribbon.gif

brilandken Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:35pm
post #18 of 28

I will have to ask her what the problem was. Where is Ashburn? We are in Elizabeth City, NC which is about an hour from Chesapeake, VA. Good Luck with the business. My vote is still for "Sugar Mama"!

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:38pm
post #19 of 28

You know I really like Curly-Q-Cakes not associating your hair but make an icing curly q Your signiture style on cards ads signs and cakes

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #20 of 28

I think I like both Sugar Mama & Who wants cake?

Good luck!!

squarepair Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:51pm
post #21 of 28

Cakenutz, I was thinking about doing that, having a little curly something hidden somewhere on every cake, my personal stamp.

Ashburn is right next to the Dulles Airport, between Leesburg and Sterling. We can see a lot of planes landing but not hear them thumbs_up.gif

Kristin

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 9:13pm
post #22 of 28

Another vote for Sugar Mama.
Curly made me think of the 3 Stooges...

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 10:09pm
post #23 of 28

cake curlz....

the taste will curl your toes in pleasure!

toe curlin' taste!

--------------

edited to add:

and think of images of chocolate curls, and decorative curls of icing on cake, and curls of ribbons, etc.

Epi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Epi Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 12:47am
post #24 of 28

You guys are over thinking the problem here. I would name it Q's Cakes. This is why:
It is simple and you can build a brand name around it. You do not have any images to fight off. Also you will save lots of money on lettering cause every extra letter you print costs you money.
I use a simple principal when I am thinking about marketing problems it is called the KISS concept.
Keep it simple son... Its a military term but it is effective.

squarepair Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 1:20am
post #25 of 28

Well I did decide on Curly-Q-Cakes. Curly because of my hair BUT noone has to know that, I agree the whole hair/food combo such as with Curly Top, not good. Also I remembered as a kid my dad would take us to the park and we would use waxed paper and see how fast we could go down the curly-q slide. It is one of my fondest childhood memories,pathetic I know!! Plus curlyqcakes.com wasn't taken as a domain name, so now it is. I am starting to get excited!! It will be awhile before I launch the biz though. Thanks for all your input, I really do still like Sugar Mama!!!

Kristin

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 7:48am
post #26 of 28

Square Pair, don't know if you've chosen a name yet, but I had great success naming my bakery (Royal Icings - "Bringing you Tiers of Joy!") this way: I had a contest for my friends and family (and their friends and family, etc.). I designated a time period (one week) in which I would accept names. The winner who's name was chosen won one personal sized cake per month for a year! This also turned out to be great advertising for me and got me lots of orders. It was very little expense to me, and I LOVE my bakery name! You might try it! I think the participants got into thinking up really creative names, too. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 7:50am
post #27 of 28

icon_redface.gif Just read that you chose Curly-Q-Cakes. I think that is a good name, and really catchy. Good success!

Deani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deani Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 8:29am
post #28 of 28

Curly-q- cakes is a great name. I don't know if you intended it but a 'curlicue' is an ornamental, fancy curl or twist, as in a signature. So a very ornate curly 'q' as a logo is a must.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%