You can do this with or without the alcohol.
Pina Colada Cake by Angie
- 1/2 box of French Vanilla Cake from Duncan Hines
- 1/2 box of Coconut Cake from Duncan Hines
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup rum
- 1 cup crushed pinapple
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- Your favorite buttercream recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, prep pans with parchment and bakers joy.
- Mix all ingredients listed except for the pineapples and coconut and leave out 1/4 cup of the rum. Mix until thoroughly blended. Then add 1/2 cup of the crushed pineapples, and 1/2 cup of the coconut and fold in.
- Once the cakes are out of the oven use my moist cake baking tip and wrap in Press Nseal wrap and freeze. Freeze over night. Let the cakes defrost, then poke holes with a toothpick into the cake layers. Drizzle the rum over each cake. Build an icing dam and fill with the remaining pineapples and sprinkle about a 1/4 cup of the coconut flakes. Ice the cake fully then press the remaining coconut flakes into the icing all over the cake. Decorate and garnish as you wish.