I firsted submitted the tweaked version of this recipe and forgot to include the baking powder. This is the recipe without the tweaking. My tweaked versions always get and encoure.
Double-rich Pound Cake & Mascarpone Topper
- POUND CAKE:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt* (my addition to recipe)
- 8 oz carton mascarpone cheese softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1. Allow butter, cream cheese to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Grease 10-inch fluted tube pan or 2-8x4x2 loaf pan. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 4. Combine flour, baking powder and set aside.
- 5. Cream butter and cream cheese with an electric mixture on high for 30 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating about 6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 6. Beat in vanilla and add eggs one at a time beating 1 minute after each addition, scraping down frequently.
- 7. Add flour beating at low speed till combined. Pour in prepared tins.
- 8. Bake for 60 – 65 minutes for tube or 65 – 70 minutes for loaf pans or until wood pick inserted near center come out clean.
- 9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool throughly on rack.
- In a mixing bowl stir together mascarpone cheese, walnuts, milk and honey. Serve with Double-rich Pound Cake. Store tightly covered in refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Make 1 -1/4 cup
19g total fat (10g Sat fat)
109 mg chol.
149 mg sodium
14% Vit A
0% Vit C
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment