This is another one of my variations of the WASC recipe. It’s very moist and delicious!
- 2 pkgs white cake mix
- 2 c flour
- 2 c sugar
- 1 small pkg cheesecake pudding mix, dry
- 8 egg whites
- 2 2/3 c limeade
- 3 (6oz) containers key lime yogurt
- 1/4 c oil
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 1 tsp coconut
- 1 dram LoRann Key Lime
Key Lime Curd (I can’t remember the source of this recipe!)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- 2/3 c fresh key lime juice
Over low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk continuously for about 8-10 minutes or until it forms a custard. Allow to cool then pour into a jar and refrigerate. The curd will thicken considerably as it cools.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Combine dry ingredients; throw in the rest of the ingredients. Beat ’til combined!
- Expect them to bake over an hour.
- Torte and fill with lime curd. I also like to use a mock-cheesecake filling along with the curd (JellO Cheesecake pudding mix whipped into Frostin’ Pride or Bettercreme — or Cool Whip).