This is a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that was passed down to me by a family friend, they are just THE BEST! I have modified it a little to make it even better… you can make endless varieties of CCC! Enjoy!
Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar (I’ve done the whole 1 1/4 of brown sugar and it works great)
- 3/4 c. butter or margarine, room temp (I like margarine better)
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding or flavor to compliment
- 2 tsp vanilla (or extract to compliment flavor)
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg chocolate chips (I use ghirardelli, semi sweet, milk chocolate or white) you can also use Ande’s mint chips or M&M’s for baking.
- 1 c. chopped nuts (I’ve used pecans, will try macadamia) this is optional, you can also use coconut.
- Pre-heat oven at 375. Beat sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add puddig mix, vanilla, eggs. Beat 2 mins at medium speed. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well and stir in chips and nuts. Bake until golden brown, or a couple mins less for an even more chewy cookie.
- 1.White Chocoalte: (Thanks Melody25 for the tip!) Use white chocolate chunks instead of morsels and add macadamia nuts instead of the optional pecans. Replace vanilla pudding for white chocolate pudding.
- 2.Chocolate Mint: Use mint Andes chips instead of morsels replace vanilla pudding for chocolate pudding.
- 3.Caramel: Use caramel chips instead of morsels and replace vanilla pudding for butterscotch pudding.
- 4.Coconut Dream: Add shredded coconut and replace vanilla pudding for coconut pudding. Use either white chocolate or regular chocolate morsels.
- This are just some examples of what you can do with this recipe, the possibilities are endless, get inspired by all the great pudding flavors out there!