I love VERY tart lemon flavor and I had a customer request a VERY tart lemon cake. It uses snowcone syrup that can be bought almost anywhere – I found it at Wal-mart. This cake is great with plain butter cream icing and even better with lemon curd filling and lemon butter cream icing.
ENJOY! Pucker up!
Jenny’s Pucker-Up Lemon Cake
- Ingred. #1
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 stick butter – melted
- 1 c “real Lemon” lemon juice
- 3/4 c “Sour Lemonade” snow cone syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- Ingred. #2
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 box yellow mix
- Beat together everything from ingred. #1 – then add Ingred list #2 – slowly.
- May need to scrape down sides of the bowl once.
- Pour into greased/floured cake pans. I used a 9×13 at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Ice with any icing – I used my regular butter cream icing with 1/4 c of the snow cone syrup added. Great with lemon curd or raspberry filling.