This is a very rich but delicious baked cheesecake. Every time I have served it EVERYONE has absolutely loved it. Not for the calorie concious!!! This is best made 24hrs before you want to serve to for best flavour & texture
White Chocolate Cheesecake
2oz (50g) butter
5oz (150g) digestive biscuits, crushed
10oz (300g) good quality white chocolate
14oz (400g) full fat cream cheese (Philadelphia has by far the best taste)
150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Grease & line base of a DEEP 8″ spring form cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt butter & stir in crushed biscuits, press firmly & evenly over base – chill
3. Break up chocolate and melt until smooth & runny
4. Whisk cream cheese & eggs together in large bowl until smooth, add cream & vanilla and whisk well until there are no lumps. Stir in the melted chocolate until well combined
5. Pour into tin spread evenly over chilled base. Bake for 45 mins @ 160C/320F (gas mark 3) until just set in the middle.
Remove from oven and run pallette knife around the edge of tin, allow to cool then chill.
6. To serve remove outside ring and carefully slide from tin base onto serving plate. Dust with icing sugar and serve with rasberry coulis.