This is a very rich but delicious baked cheesecake. Every time I have served it EVERYONE has absolutely loved it. Not for the calorie concious!!! This is best made 24hrs before you want to serve to for best flavour & texture
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2oz (50g) butter
- 5oz (150g) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 10oz (300g) good quality white chocolate
- 14oz (400g) full fat cream cheese (Philadelphia has by far the best taste)
- 150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Grease & line base of a DEEP 8″ spring form cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- 2. Melt butter & stir in crushed biscuits, press firmly & evenly over base – chill
- 3. Break up chocolate and melt until smooth & runny
- 4. Whisk cream cheese & eggs together in large bowl until smooth, add cream & vanilla and whisk well until there are no lumps. Stir in the melted chocolate until well combined
- 5. Pour into tin spread evenly over chilled base. Bake for 45 mins @ 160C/320F (gas mark 3) until just set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and run pallette knife around the edge of tin, allow to cool then chill.
- 6. To serve remove outside ring and carefully slide from tin base onto serving plate. Dust with icing sugar and serve with rasberry coulis.
What is a digestive biscuit?