This recipe was given to me by the wonderful former owner of Little Bitts, a great cake decorating store in Wheaton, MD. This lemon cake is the most requested cake I make.
Margie’s Lemon Cake
- 2 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Cake mixes
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1 small box Jello lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 small box Jello lemon cook-n-serve pudding mix (usually right next to the instant)
- 1 envelope Dream Whip (usually comes two envelopes to a box)
- 2 oz. Superior Lemon Emulsion Flavor (usually found in cake decorating stores or online – don’t use real lemon flavor because it’s too strong)
- Combine all ingredients. Beat on medium speed 4-5 minutes. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes depending on size cake pan used. Cake is done when tester comes out clean. This recipe can make (4) 9″ cakes or (2) 13x9x2 cakes or (1) 12x18x2 sheet or lots of cupcakes and many other combinations. It is one of those recipes you’ll be coming back to time and time again. I made it and used the Buttercream Dream frosting off this site today to take to work(used lemon filling in the middle with some of the buttercream) and had people calling me wanting more cake. Enjoy!
I won’t even touch this question.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment