This dries very fast and very hard. Keep smaller pieces in ziplock bags to keep it workable. If it does start to harden just pop it in the microwave for 4-5 seconds.
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 sachet gelatin powder
- 2 tsp liquid glucose (I used light corn syrup)
- 4 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1-4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1. Place water in small heat-proof bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and leave it to soak for about 2 minutes.
- 2. Sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3. Put some water into a saucepan and stand the bowl of water/gelatin into this saucepan. Heat gently until gelatin dissolves.
- 4. Remove water/gelatin mixture from heat and pour the glucose (or corn syrup) in and stire together. Let sit for about 1 minute.
- 5. Pour the gelatin mixture into the center of the icing sugar. Use a knife to stir it in. When it has bound together, knead it like bread dough adding cornstarch as needed.