This dries very fast and very hard. Keep smaller pieces in ziplock bags to keep it workable. If it does start to harden just pop it in the microwave for 4-5 seconds.
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 sachet gelatin powder
- 2 tsp liquid glucose (I used light corn syrup)
- 4 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1-4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1. Place water in small heat-proof bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and leave it to soak for about 2 minutes.
- 2. Sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3. Put some water into a saucepan and stand the bowl of water/gelatin into this saucepan. Heat gently until gelatin dissolves.
- 4. Remove water/gelatin mixture from heat and pour the glucose (or corn syrup) in and stire together. Let sit for about 1 minute.
- 5. Pour the gelatin mixture into the center of the icing sugar. Use a knife to stir it in. When it has bound together, knead it like bread dough adding cornstarch as needed.
This sounds interesting, but what are it's uses?
Would this work in molds, since you say it dries quickly and hard?
Interesting. What would you use this for?
Login To Leave A Comment