What boricua doesn’t love Tres Leche?
THREE MILKS CAKE (Bizcocho Tres Leches)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 butter stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cerned cake flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 lt. 14 oz. sweet condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk (whole)
- 4 eggs white
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 350° F. Greased a 10″mold. In the electric blender mix butter with sugar and eggs yolks until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and the cake flour. Beat the eggs white until stiff and mix with butter in surrounding form. Pour mixture in the mold and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Unmold the cake. Clean the mold. Put back the cake in the mold.
- Mix three milks and pour over cake. Put it in the fridge and let it absorb the milk for a few hours. (I leave it ovrenight.)
- Beat the whites until stiff, add the sugar little by little and the cream of tartar.
- CAREFULLY Unmold your already-moist cake and decorate with the meringue over the sponge cake.
- oPTIONAL… Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until meringue is golden.
LOTS OF CALORIES!!!
I tried this recipe, my family and friends tried it and we all came to the same conclusion, too sweet. I also had trouble getting the cake to absorb the milks eventhough I let it sit overnight in the baking pan with the milks. I think the cake was too dense and that is why it did not absorb all the milk, only the edges did and the center of the cake was dry. The flavor of the cake without the milk is very good, but I think the combination of the sweet cake and the very sweet milk, makes the overall taste too too sweet. So to all of you "very sweet tooth" people, this is the cake for you!!
I have made this type of cake, Tres leches for many years and yes, it is sweet. However, you need to poke hole in the cake and be sure the entire cake is covered with the 3 different milks. Once set overnight, you can certainly remove from the pan and decorate if desired with buttercream frosting and ther you got it. You definitely have to have a sweet tooth.
Login To Leave A Comment