This fondant recipe covers a 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch pans.
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 4 Envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1 Cup Glucose
- 1/3 Cup Glycerin
- 4 lb. 10X Confectioner’s sugar
- 4 Tablespoon lemon juice (ReaLemon concentrate)
- 4 Tablespoon Almond flavor
- Combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick. Place gelatin mixture on top of double boiler and heat until dissolved. Do not boil just until the gelatin is clear. Add glucose and glycerin, mix well. Remove from heat. Add lemon, almond flavor and color if desired. Mixture should be cooled until lukewarm. Place 1 lb. 10X sugar in bowl and make a well in the center. Pour gelatin mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, add sugar a little at a time, until stickiness disappears. Knead in remaining sugar until the fondant is smooth, pliable and does not stick to your hands. Store in airtight container in a cool dry place.