This fondant recipe covers a 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch pans.
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 4 Envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1 Cup Glucose
- 1/3 Cup Glycerin
- 4 lb. 10X Confectioner’s sugar
- 4 Tablespoon lemon juice (ReaLemon concentrate)
- 4 Tablespoon Almond flavor
- Combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick. Place gelatin mixture on top of double boiler and heat until dissolved. Do not boil just until the gelatin is clear. Add glucose and glycerin, mix well. Remove from heat. Add lemon, almond flavor and color if desired. Mixture should be cooled until lukewarm. Place 1 lb. 10X sugar in bowl and make a well in the center. Pour gelatin mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, add sugar a little at a time, until stickiness disappears. Knead in remaining sugar until the fondant is smooth, pliable and does not stick to your hands. Store in airtight container in a cool dry place.
I love this recipe, lately I can't find glucose at any of my local providers, do u have a substitute.
you can use corn syrup
What do you mean by 4lb 10 x confection
Awesome Fondant recipe.. Thank You. I have hated the taste of ready mades and for some reasons othr recipes I tried dont really taste good either... Thanks again.
To the girl that cant find glucose, try the craft stores I get mine at JoAnn etc. or just use corn syrup. If you use corn syrup though take out 1/2tsp. It is a little more runny than glucose....
I made this 2 days ago. I found it was extremely soft so I ended up using a lot more icing than is required for this recipe. It was very delicious.
I also am wondering what 10x sugar is... powder sugar?
Login To Leave A Comment