This is a simple cake release recipe used instead of the traditional greasing and flouring of cake pans
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients and mix completely. Coat the bottom and sides of the bake pan using a pasty brush.
- Coat pan until you do not see any shining metal of the pan showing. After cake has cooled 5 minutes turn over onto a board.
- Cake will release completely from the pan.
- Can be stored in an air tight container. Does not need to be refrigerated.
- Note: do no allow to cool more than 10 minutes before removing from pan (pan release must not be allowed to harden).
- Recipe can be adjusted by just using equal amounts of each ingredient.