This is a simple cake release recipe used instead of the traditional greasing and flouring of cake pans
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients and mix completely. Coat the bottom and sides of the bake pan using a pasty brush.
- Coat pan until you do not see any shining metal of the pan showing. After cake has cooled 5 minutes turn over onto a board.
- Cake will release completely from the pan.
- Can be stored in an air tight container. Does not need to be refrigerated.
- Note: do no allow to cool more than 10 minutes before removing from pan (pan release must not be allowed to harden).
- Recipe can be adjusted by just using equal amounts of each ingredient.
I have been a long time user of Baker's Joy, but this recipe works even better!! Thank you!!!
Have used this twice now...and no sticking. Thanks for posting.
How long does this last?
Login To Leave A Comment