A big hit at bridal shows and Fall weddings. Always gets rave reviews and requests for more from my brides and grooms.
- One box of Duncan Hines standard yellow cake mix (not the butter recipe)
- One box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
- One box of Instant Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix (hard to find this year and can be eliminated but it’s better with the pudding mix in it)
- 6 whole eggs
- 2/3rd a’s of cup of liquid canola oil
- 2 cups of water (depending on your location, you may need more?)
- 1/4th cup molasses (dark unsulphered)
- 1 can of spiceless pumpkin (not the huge can with the spices added) standard sized can
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (level)
- 1 tsp. cloves (level)
- 1 tsp. ginger (level)
- Toss everything into your mixing bowl and mix away in no particular order. Makes two 10″ cakes or three 8″ or one 12″. I bake at 350 until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Fill with sweetened cream cheese, or Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice pudding mix (made with heavy cream and whole milk) or apple compote (pre-cooked apple pie filling). It’s out of this world and I even have photographers at wedding shows hunting me down for a sample before the room fills with brides.