I found this recipe on a site that of course I can not remember for the life of me. It pairs wonderfully with a Pumpkin Pecan cake that I just posted as well.
- • 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- • 1/2 cup dark honey
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- • 1 3/4 cups butter, room temperature
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine gelatin and 2 tablespoons water and let set for at least 10 minutes.
2. Bring honey and sugar + 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a small saucepan.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool 3 minutes.
5. Stir 2 tablespoons of honey mixture into gelatin mixture until dissolved.
6. Whisk remaining honey syrup along with salt and cinnamon into this mixture.
7. Strain into a medium size bowl and beat, using an electric mixer on high speed until double in volume and completely cool, about 10 minutes.
8. Add butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, while continuously beating.
9. Stir in vanilla and use immediately of chill.
10. Rewhip before spreading on cake or bread.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment