This recipe is a blend of two recipes from two lovely instructors from 2010 ICES: Janette Pohlman and Carrie from Carrie’s Cakes . com. The cake is so intensely flavorful, you don’t need to tort or fill. Just put a smear of BC between your cakes.
- • 1 pkg (18.25 ounce) fudge or white cake mix
- • 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- • 1/2 cup water
- • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- • 4 large eggs
- • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- About 1/2 cup raspberry (or other flavor) sleeve filling (see directions below)
- If you wish, also add about 1-2 tsps raspberry (or other flavor) powder to batter to intensify flavor
Place all in a mixing bowl. Blend on low speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides again if needed. Do not over mix. Bake at 325 degrees F.
Raspberry swirl: Mix about ¼ cup raspberry sleeve filling into batter. Fill pan ½ way, using about a #5-#7 tip size opening, swirl raspberry onto batter, then fill up rest of pan. (If the swirl is too thick it takes forever to bake and changes how the cake rises)
If you want to add raspberry powder, just add to taste in batter (probably 1-2 heaping tsps) Powder is hard to find. I got mine at faeries finest . com, also available at My Spicer . com