I compared this recipe that i got from a book named Cookie Craft and it is very similar to the NFSC (Non Fail Sugar Cookies). Just this one is for less amount of cookies. Yield 2 1/2-inch cookies-about 30, 3 1/2-inch-about 16 and 4 1/2-inch-about 12.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1. Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Using your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla or your extract of choice and mix until well blended.
3. With the mixer on low, gradually add the four mixture to the butter mixture until the two are thoroughly blended.
4. If your cookie design calls for adding food coloring, do so now, and continue blending until the desired color is reached and is evenly incorporated.
5. Turn out the dough onto the work surface and divide it into two or three equal portions. Form each one into a rough disk. Now you’re ready to roll, chill, and cut out the cookie shapes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350.
7. After you’ve rolled and cut the dough and the cookie shapes are on parchment-lined cookie sheets, bake them in the middle rack of your oven for 12-16 minutes or until the cookies start to turn slightly golden around the edges (smaller cookies will be done more quickly).
8. Cool the cookies completely on a rack before icing or decorating.