recipe is my teachers it is the best flower paste recipe ever so durable can roll transparent, can frill and strech it
Flowerpaste Recipe »
- - 1 egg white
- - Pure icing sugar
- - Copha
- - Tylose powder
1. Mix egg white and sufficient icing sugar to form a stiff peak royal icing.
2. Add 2 rounded teaspoons of Tylose powder and mix through well.
3. Wash hands and put 1 rounded teaspoon of Copha into your hands and work paste thoroughly for at least five minutes.
4. It may be a good idea to mix two individual golf size balls separately to facilitate easier blending.
5. Wrap in cling wrap and store in an airtight container.
6. It does not need to be kept in the fridge.
for best results use this royal icing recipe:
Royal Icing Recipe »
- 1 egg white at room temperature
- Sifted icing sugar mix or pure icing sugar
- Pinch cream of tartar
1. Using a miniature whisk, break up the egg white in a small glass bowl. Do not use a plastic bowl as plastic is porous and fat molecules adhere to it which breaks down the royal icing.
2. Add a pinch of cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon of Actiwhite or Pavlova mix.
3. Continue to whisk in by hand until well blended.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon at a time of the icing sugar mix and continue to work in well till fully dissolved. If too much icing sugar is added at one time then the icing becomes thick and heavy and the proportions of air, icing sugar and egg white are unbalanced resulting in a difficult medium to work with.
5. Continue whisking in icing sugar until a medium peak forms. (You will have to change to mixing with a butter spatula or a knife). This means that when the spatula is scraped clean against the side of the bowl and then put back into the icing a peak forms at the top of the icing that gently curves over but does not stay upright.
6. Depending on the work being completed, a soft, medium or stiff peak royal icing is required.
7. The quantity of icing sugar needed for correct consistency depends on the size of the egg white used therefore no quantity is given but an approximate amount of 250g.
8. Once the correct consistency has been reached cover with plastic wrap and a damp cloth.
9. Always make sure that you re-beat the icing sugar well before using it if it has been left for more than an hour. Do not make the mistake of adding more icing sugar if you think it is too runny instead of giving it a good beat, as it will dry out too quickly and become heavy.