How Much To Make These?

Decorating By whatthecake Updated 12 May 2017 , 5:06pm by johnson6ofus

whatthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthecake Posted 10 May 2017 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 9

How much would you charge to make flowers similar to the one's in this photo? I have never been good at pricing this stuff out.How Much To Make These?

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2017 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 9

The same price as buying fresh flowers of the same kind.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 11 May 2017 , 1:47am
post #3 of 9

I have seen artificial flowers similar to that in Micheal's. Don't know if those are real or artificial flowers or gum paste flowers. Hopefully, the experts here will have more information. I only make buttercream flowers so I am not much help but wanted to comment that the cake is so pretty!!!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 11 May 2017 , 3:38am
post #4 of 9

Those look artificial. The time it would take to replicate those sprays out of gum paste would make them too expensive.

kayra850 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayra850 Posted 11 May 2017 , 11:53am
post #5 of 9

I agree with gscout73. It would be to expensive to make out of gum paste. By real one or artificial.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 May 2017 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 9

I agree w/the others...the time it would take to make such sprays certainly should make them much to expensive.....

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 11 May 2017 , 9:42pm
post #7 of 9

Those are gumoaste...this is a Sylvia Weinstock cake.  Those tiny flowers take a very long time to make...I'd charge $200-300 to make those.

gourmet_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmet_gateaux Posted 12 May 2017 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 9

Gumpaste flowers are definately expensive. I sell sugar flowers too. However I feel majority buyers don't appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into handmaking flowers or anything of the sort.

It would be cheaper purchasing some artificial one's. I'm going with Jeff_Arnet on this one, I'd charge roughly the same in pounds.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 May 2017 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 9

A case of KMN.... (kill me now) to do THAT much tedious hand work. $1,000 and a bottom of valium. Or Sylvia's staff....lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%