Seriously...

Business By Katherine1972 Updated 14 Mar 2017 , 4:08pm by Katherine1972

Katherine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katherine1972 Posted 7 Mar 2017 , 7:28am
post #1 of 19

How do you not gain weight doing this? I can't stop myself from eating all the domes I cut off my cakes

18 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Mar 2017 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 19

Keep a trash can right by your table and toss those domes as soon as they are cut!!  It take much will power.  My downfall was both cake and icing.........I can eat icing w/a spoon - especially chocolate :(

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 1:12am
post #3 of 19

I throw them in a scrap bowl and offer them to my hubby and daughter - if they don't want them then they go straight into the bin.

To avoid having much of a top to level turn your oven down a little and you will get a flatter cake - less to throw in the bin that way.

mrsroy44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsroy44 Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 1:49am
post #4 of 19

I don't like cake! LOL! That's how I survive making them. I love the baking and designing and planning, but when it comes to actually eating cake? Not a fan. That's my dirty little secret flushed

Katherine1972 Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 3:29am
post #5 of 19

No fair! lol

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 3:46am
post #6 of 19

Never trust a skinny bakerlaughingstuck_out_tongue_closed_eyesstuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 19

I have to chime in here with not really liking cake as well. That's not to say I don't have weight problems, but it does make the diet easier since I don't like to eat cake.

As for cake scraps, I hate throwing things out, so I save them in the freezer, labeled by flavor. When I need to shape a cake I can pull cake scraps out, mix them with frosting and have sculpting clay. Also, if I need to bring a snack to an event, I pull out cake the cake scraps and make cake pops.

mrsroy44 Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 19

Man About Cake has a video about making ice cream sandwiches with cake scraps. Where I don't like cake, I readily make up for it with my enthusiasm for ice cream grin I'm going to try it next time I have chocolate scraps available!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 1:21am
post #9 of 19

There's been threads about this that are helpful (and funny)!

My advice: Wear tight pants.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 9:06pm
post #10 of 19

I'm w/the others about not really liking cake.  Good thing I no longer bake.......

MimiFix.........LOL!   Love your fixstuck_out_tongue

Itsabakerslife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Itsabakerslife Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 1:27am
post #11 of 19

I thought it was just me that didn't really like cake much! I've never even said it out loud! I never eat the scraps. They go into my siblings bellys! :)

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 2:43am
post #12 of 19

My biggest problem is I love cake (except for chocolate!), and I love ice cream -- especially if it's homemade ice cream (which it usually is, but again, not chocolate)!!  I do have a weight problem, but I'm working on it so the cakes go to someone else and so does the ice cream, especially since my husband has recently been diagnosed as diabetic!  I love to bake too much to give it up completely, so I guess I like other people telling me how good something I've baked is.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 1:48pm
post #13 of 19

I can make icing all day long and just taste enough to know that it is flavored right...

On the other hand... I can eat cake all day long... especially nice warm cake...

I also have to use all my willpower to not eat nice hot fresh cookies, breads, scones, etc... 

Really any baked good straight out of the oven...

We all have our baking struggles... 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 2:52pm
post #14 of 19

@aldonza....I am VERY trustworthy. smile

msbelle21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msbelle21 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 4:10pm
post #15 of 19

Who are these people claiming they don't like cake or they throw away scraps, and how do we send them back to their planet? LOLwut?!

I eat everything I make. Moderation is key though. I limit myself to 1 cookie when I'm baking. I'll only eat half and put the rest in a ziploc bag because I know I'll want some later or the following day lol. Same with scraps. I'll take some nibbles and put the rest in a ziploc bag to be GIVEN away. I don't throw away gold. laughing

I never have sweets in my apartment though. I absolutely love ice cream (Haagen Dazs Caramel Cone for life), but don't buy it anymore because I bake. I never drink soda and only drink one cup of orange juice every morning. Everything else is water. I only eat fruit for breakfast usually and I make sure there are at least two veggies with dinner. I'm not fat and I don't exercise like I should, though I recently started running as one of my goals is to run a 5k this year. I sponsor my bad habit by making necessary adjustments elsewhere. It works for me. thumbsup

mrsroy44 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 7:28pm
post #16 of 19

I hit the gym 5 days a week and am training for a 5k run in June, so my dislike of cake works out well for me! I'll taste what needs to be checked on, but that's it. My husband is used to coming home to find a cupcake quartered and left on the counter with only one piece in it. That's my limit. :)

Now, pie is another story ;)

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 12:56am
post #17 of 19

@johnson6ofus ‍ me too!

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 5:12pm
post #18 of 19

Chew gum

Katherine1972 Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 4:08pm
post #19 of 19