Doing A Search On Cc...what Gives?!?!

Lounge By SandraDee73 Updated 10 Apr 2016 , 4:19pm by kakeladi

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 16

I'm not sure what is going on but every time I do a search the first page of my search results I'm able to view but anything after that is blank.

For example, let's say I do a search for "cake contract". Every conversation on the first page of the search results I'm able to go into and see. The second page shows additional conversations, but when I click to view them, there's nothing there...it says 0 responses.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? (I'm on my laptop btw, not a mobile device or tablet)

15 replies
FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 1:16am
post #2 of 16

It's not just you.  I had the same thing happen.  All I got was lots of old posts and when I tried to click on newer ones I would get the title but none of the responses.  Frustrating.

kas2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kas2105 Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 5:11am
post #3 of 16

That's happening to me lately, too. And pictures in posts on the forum are the wrong ones, too. Someone will be talking about a wedding cake and the picture shows a clown cake or something. I don't know what it is, but I hope they fix it soon!

SandraDee73 Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 16

It would be fantastic if the search results were in order of most recent to oldest. There are many times when a search result gives me a conversation that is quite old (2005 !) with links that don't work.

FrostedMoon Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 16

Exactly!  It's great that we can access older threads, but so much changes quickly with cakes it's frustrating when all you get is 20 pages of results from 10 years ago!

SandraDee73 Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 16

[postimage id="3437" thumb="900"]

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 16

At least for the time being use google to search on CC.   Just type in say 'clown cakes on cakecentral'.  it works much better.  When I try to search for the 'original WASC recipe' I get 10,000 *pictures* of cakes where someone has mentioned they used the recipe but if I google it, it goes straight to the recipe.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 9:19am
post #8 of 16

Hi everyone, its taken me 10 months to get back on CC and finally managed it in minutes today. Things sure have changed. I use google to find what I need on CC, saves the frustration.

Shasha2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shasha2727 Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 6:09pm
post #9 of 16

I have almost given up on CC because of these issues. As always, I'm looking for recipes for heat tolerant cream cheese icing for wedding cakes. I type that in to search box, and get 1,200,000 options, that are cake images, but no recipes. So I hit recipes and it gives me a list of 40,000, but I can only access the first page of them. If I go to page 2, I'm at CC home page all over again. Can't proceed beyond this point in ANY search. I've written to CC & they reply that they got my question & say they'll reply in 24-48 hours, but nothing comes. I don't like all shortening icing, had hoped for something that combines butter, shortening & cream cheese. I'd add some white chocolate if it helps, but I'm running out of time for research, have 24 hours till I leave for delivery. Any suggestions about anything would be greatly appreciated!!

kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 8:22pm
post #10 of 16

Earlene Moor has a great Cr Ch B'cream that is stable just like you are looking for.   Google her site.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 9:49pm
post #11 of 16

shasha -- another idea for your temperature friendly icing -- forget the cream cheese -- make your usual icing except replace some of the liquid with white balsamic vinegar -- if you are in the states it is available at walmart and most local grocery stores -- but it's an item that can sell out (not like eggs or something that are always on hand)

in our stores here in the italian foods section or vinegar/salad areas just read the labels for it -- usually in a smaller bottle -- it'll give the tangy punch without having to freak out about the time temperature sensitivity -- it's amazing -- i used a tablespoon or two but y'know just add it to your taste level--

and when you say heat tolerant -- if you need the icing to withstand heat as well -- add some wondra flour -- a quarter cup or so to a batch -- wondra flour is in a round blue container usually and found in the baking aisle and is super fine ground flour -- used for gravy that does not clump --

best to you

Shasha2727 Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 10:15pm
post #12 of 16

Wow, k8, those are things I've never used in icing! I've been using cornstarch & meringue powder, but never Wondra or vinegar. But I'm game to try, and I thank you very much for sharing this. I made a batch of cake bible white chocolate cream cheese icing, but I get nervous with outdoor-is weddings. This one's at a horse farm, in a fancy barn converted for weddings, but it's "open door". And by 3pm it will be mid to hi 80s. I just hate worrying about slumping icing! I have very stable mousse fillings, chocolate & raspberry, and use a dam made from fiondant, so fingers crossed. Who decided wedding season would be in hot months?

Kakeladi- going to look up Erlene Moore. Do some grand mash up of icing recipes & come up with tasty all weather icing! Thanks so much for your info! Have a great weekend...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 10:22pm
post #13 of 16

there's safety issues with most mousses i know of and of course the cream cheese -- 4 hours maximum accumulated time out of temperature -- so if it takes you 30 minutes to take it off the shelf at the store and get it home into the fridge you've got 3.5 hours left -- no it doesn't taste bad but the very young/old and sick peeps can get sick --

the flour in the icing is detectable if you just take a swipe of it -- but if you take a swipe of it on some cake it's not detectable --

best to you

FrostedMoon Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 10:40pm
post #14 of 16

Here is a link to the info about Earlene's recipe.  I've made it and it did not taste like cream cheese frosting to me, but something to play with for sure.

http://www.earlenescakes.com/icings.htm

Shasha2727 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 2:11pm
post #15 of 16

Well, tried Erlene's recipe w some tweaks, & loved it! Added 8Oz extra cream cheese, subd 8 Oz shortening for butter, added 3T meringue powder to the 5.5# powdered sugar, & some butter vanilla & creme bouquet flavoring, & 2T lemon juice w some extra salt. And I loved it! So tasty & easy to work with! The big recipe (5.5# powder sugar to 1.5# sweetex) was enough for the whole cake (3 layers each-14", 10", 6") w a cup or two left over. I'm converted to Erlene's Ways! The wedding was on a plantation, down 2 dirt roads, so I assembled on site, but icing had crusted so well it was easy to work with. I used really cold mousse filled tiers, doweled with the thick Wilton lollipop sticks, & cake was very sturdy.  Thanks to Kakeladi & k8memphis for your right on time replies, you changed how I'll do things from here on out, as we get into another hot wedding season here in central Florida. Who decided wedding season should be June, anyway? Didn't have white balsamic or Wondra on hand, but I will absolutely try that recipe for this week's cake. Thank you both very much, bless you! So even when CC website doesn't work as we'd hope, it's members do! There's a great community here. Hope you all have great weekends, what's left of it...

[postimage id="3510" thumb="900"]

kakeladi Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 4:19pm
post #16 of 16

Beautiful, beautiful work.  So glad you found something that will work for you.  We each have to work with our weather, humidity ect.  We know what works for one might not be right for another.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%