If You Were To Make This Bust...

Decorating By novakern Updated 27 Jan 2016 , 3:06am by novakern

novakern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novakern Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 7

without the base. How would you do it? rice krispie treats sculpture covered in fondant on top of the cake? Any way to make the figure the cake? i'm assuming i would have to use wires for the arms which to me would kill it. tia

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2016 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 7

Not that I have ever done anything like it but...........I can see the body being sculpted from cake but it would take a TON of it. (Thinking Roland Winbeckler life size sculpting)   You say the arms probably need to be wire....is it anything not edible you object to? or you could maybe used PVP pipe.  Does that help at all?

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 12:09am
post #3 of 7

Yeah, I would say you need a center pipe with pipes for the arms and the arms and head would be rkt covered in modeling chocolate.  You can stack round cakes around the center pipe for the body and carve them.

Good luck, that's a project :)

novakern Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 12:45am
post #4 of 7

what if i didn't include the arms...cut it off around the shoulders. Could I do it all in cake then sculpt the frosting and fondant? also, if i just did it as an edible figure on top of the cake...would i do rice krispie treats so i wouldn't be spending a fortune in fondant?

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 2:02am
post #5 of 7

Either way, I would use modelling chocolate because you can "sculpt" it much easier than fondant.  Fondant will dry out pretty quickly and will crack when you try to work it.

You could do the body in cake but I would still do the head in rkt.

Check out Liz Marek at Artisan Cake Company.  /she does stuff like this all the time and I bet she has some videos on it.

novakern Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 3:02am
post #6 of 7

i will. thanks

novakern Posted 27 Jan 2016 , 3:06am
post #7 of 7

just looked. Great stuff. I'm a painter/sculptor so this is right up my alley. when she says she makes most of the structure out of modeling chocolate and rkt, where is the actual cake? how would you cut/eat these things?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%