Welcome To The Updated Cake Central Experience!

Lounge By Heath Updated 21 Jul 2016 , 9:39am by -K8memphis

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 8:34pm
post #61 of 285

@swishykitty we are aware of missing photo comments. Be assured they are all in the database and will be recovered. Jackie is working on it.

-Leanne

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 9:48pm
post #62 of 285

Quote by @shanter on 18 hours ago

Maybe sending private messages has been repaired, but CC says I have 21 unread messages. I have NO unread messages and many are triplicates. I've tried marking them as read, deleting them, moving them to a folder, and nothing works. I've reported this in the Help tab, but this hasn't been fixed.

Just because it gets reported does not mean we can instantly fix it.  Fixes take time to solve and there are a lot of quirks we are reviewing.  It will all get addressed over the next week or two, but few things will be resolved within  24 hours of reporting it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 9:53pm
post #63 of 285

is there any way to pin this thread on the top of the forum list for a while so it's easy to see/find?

thanks

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 9:54am
post #64 of 285

I think that if we added a button to mark a thread as potential spam without having to open it life would be better...

Then again, I really was hoping not to have daily spam to worry about since the site has been updated...

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 10:53am
post #65 of 285

As someone who ONLY uses the forums on here, the main thing that will keep me from returning to the site is the problem with being taken to the beginning of the thread when you go to a thread you've been reading. It needs to be fixed so that you are taken to where you stopped reading when you were on the thread last.

also the fact that I have to sign in every time I get on the site is a pain. 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 10:55am
post #66 of 285

And apparently it's even easier for the spammers to get on here now. The business forum is especially fun this morning.

sweedot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweedot Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 5:40pm
post #67 of 285

I LOVE the updated look, it feels so much cleaner and easier to navigate, however the mobile version has some issues for me....luckily the desktop version works great :-)

Girlpower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Girlpower Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 6:09pm
post #68 of 285

I am missing all the galleries. I can only find the most viewed and the most saved. Is that correct?

Kind regards, Petra

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 6:41pm
post #69 of 285

Quote by @costumeczar on 7 hours ago

And apparently it's even easier for the spammers to get on here now. The business forum is especially fun this morning.

yep, and reporting them as spam is equally fun!

I gave up after I had to OPEN the 5th thread to click on the "action" button...

julia1812 Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 6:42pm
post #70 of 285

Quote by @costumeczar on 7 hours ago

yep, and reporting them as spam is equally fun!

I gave up after I had to OPEN the 5th thread to click on the "action" button...

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 8:05pm
post #71 of 285

Quote by @sweedot on 2 hours ago

<snip>....luckily the desktop version works great :-)

Maybe for you. Not for me.

Aside from other problems, I was hoping we'd get the "like" button we've requested numerous times and the ability to organize our favorites.

Norasmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom2 Posted 12 Mar 2015 , 2:34am
post #72 of 285

I was unable to sign in under my normal username.  Had to create a new account.

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 12 Mar 2015 , 7:51pm
post #73 of 285

What is the point of getting an alert (bell) about a new post in a thread you have posted in that, when you click on it, it takes you to the top of the thread, and NOT to the post itself? My mind is boggling. I am really, really, really anxiously awaiting the day when we can unsubscribe from threads.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Mar 2015 , 8:55pm
post #74 of 285

I agree that the two most frustrating things are the fact that we don't get returned to the last read post in a thread, and the fact that we have to log in every time we return to the site, even if I leave it open on my device.

I also found that when trying to quote someone in my reply, I couldn't have their quote and my new text below it, it would only allow me to type above the quote or put my text in the quote box - but I only tried on a mobile.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 11:29am
post #75 of 285

I was finally able to log onto Cake Central since the update! I do really love the new layout, its so clean and very modern. My only complaint is that we can no longer add photos to our posts. I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but will this function come back? I really liked it.

Heath Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 4:12pm
post #76 of 285

Yes that will be in place very soon.  It is high on Jackie's priority list.

Quote by @SweetShop5 on 4 hours ago

I was finally able to log onto Cake Central since the update! I do really love the new layout, its so clean and very modern. My only complaint is that we can no longer add photos to our posts. I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but will this function come back? I really liked it.

Heath Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 4:12pm
post #77 of 285

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 4:27pm
post #78 of 285

Quote by @Heath on 14 minutes ago

Oh perfect!!

forpetescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forpetescake Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 4:37pm
post #79 of 285

Hi! Love this site and couldn't bake without it. With the new format, when I search a topic in the search box, I get error 500 or 404. If I try 2 or 3 more times it will work. Can that me fixed? Also was wondering if it was possible to do a "keep me signed in" check box so we dont have to sign in every single time? Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Heath Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 6:30pm
post #80 of 285

Yes are looking into all those items.

Quote by @forpetescake on 1 hour ago

Hi! Love this site and couldn't bake without it. With the new format, when I search a topic in the search box, I get error 500 or 404. If I try 2 or 3 more times it will work. Can that me fixed? Also was wondering if it was possible to do a "keep me signed in" check box so we dont have to sign in every single time? Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 6:45pm
post #81 of 285

Happy to look into all of these!

Quote by @forpetescake on 2 hours ago

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 9:43am
post #82 of 285

Front page of the site filled with spam. Awesome. 

Lizzybug78 Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 10:06am
post #83 of 285

Just noticed my post from a few days ago has gone.  I'm sure it's just a glitch, as the alternative is that I'm being censored for saying that admin could have handled a reply rather better than they did.

AAtKT Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 12:30pm
post #84 of 285

Is there a way to sort the search results so that the most recent posts show up first in relation to what you are searching for?

AAtKT Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 12:40pm
post #85 of 285

Same with the lists of posts you have posted when you look at your profile... I am sure others have more posts than me and to go back through them if they were in order by last update, that would make it easier...

julia1812 Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 12:46pm
post #86 of 285

Hmm...just wondering the same thing!

Missing my last post on here. Was some constructive criticism too

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 1:28pm
post #87 of 285

Quote by @Jackie on 18 hours ago

Happy to look into all of these!

Quote by @forpetescake on 2 hours ago

Jackie, i want to THANK YOU so much for the site which has brought so much sweetness and exchange of great information to so many for so long and for the new snazzy look but especially for alllllll the time and effort you put into creating this and keeping it going --

i really cannot imagine what all goes into what i'm sincerely thanking you for from the bottom of my heart -- i just know it is substantial/major mind boggling work that recently included all kinds of up all night and intensity that you powered through for us -- and of course it wasn't the first time -- i appreciate your dedication and your drive and your artistic spirit -- 

it's a privilege to get to post here on your board -- many many thanks over and over and over

for you and your crew who fight for it the cake board bears a price

the posters like me will never know but youdabombshabomb, girl friend

Lizzybug78 Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 3:50pm
post #88 of 285

Quote by @julia1812 on 2 hours ago

Hmm...just wondering the same thing!

Missing my last post on here. Was some constructive criticism too

Funny that isn't it?! 

cakedaysdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedaysdesigns Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 5:56pm
post #89 of 285

Nope....not ready to return yet. I keep checking  in now and again but not feeling the love for CC again unlike some.  Sorry admin but this changeover hasn't gone well has it?  

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 15 Mar 2015 , 6:19pm
post #90 of 285

I totally agree with op I used to be on here all the time but since there is no mobile friendly version (so far) I would rather use a forum that does have that feature. I really hope you do manage to fix the cc site as it looks like you have lost a lot of users!!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%