Gravity Defying Cake! Wow!

Decorating By BarbaraM0809 Updated 1 Sep 2012 , 3:45am by cheatize

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 11:49am
post #1 of 11

I just saw this cake on pintrest and had to share...I was like WTH! lol...anyone have a clue how it was done??

http://pinterest.com/pin/37788084343807554/

10 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 11

LOTS of structural support is my guess. Must have used some pvc & cake boards similar to Bronwen Webers system.

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 11

Holy cow!!! I can envision the support looking like a "bush" of pvc pipes and joints.

BabyGerald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGerald Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the post - I LOVE IT! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 11

Wonder if it's a dummy? Then it would be easy to put together icon_smile.gif

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 11

OK, that is SO gross. It's all real cake too - you can't get a filling bulge with fake cakes and one of them has a slice taken out of it near the bottom. Horrible. Just like trashing the gown or smashing cake in each other's faces.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH

OK, that is SO gross. It's all real cake too - you can't get a filling bulge with fake cakes and one of them has a slice taken out of it near the bottom. Horrible. Just like trashing the gown or smashing cake in each other's faces.

I agree !! and I'm thinking it was just placed like that in-situ - have a look halfway up on the RHS board is even bending?

No way is this structurally sound - and as for the picture being on Pinterest - if you click on the pic it doesn't take you to the original source (like MOST others do) it takes you to a Spam Warning

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 11

that's a hot mess.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 11

I have to agree with the previous few posts, that cake is horrible. The cake close to the bottom doesn't have a piece cut out it broke in half and there are several other cakes totally smashed and messed up. I think they just started stacking the cakes on site haphazardly and without thought of it falling down. I bet it did not stay that way for long.

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 11:51pm
post #10 of 11

Yeah I thought you ladies would get a kick out of that hot mess lmao...I wonder if they were like "holy crap, there's nowhere to put all these cakes! Wait, I've got a great idea, lets just stack them on top of each other...here, hand me some of those tea cups to balance them out..."

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 1 Sep 2012 , 3:45am
post #11 of 11

I believe a saw a similar (but much nicer) cake in one of Collette Peter's book. She explained the structure. Of course I can't remember how she did it, though. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%