BarbaraM0809 Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 11:49am
post #1 of

I just saw this cake on pintrest and had to share...I was like WTH! lol...anyone have a clue how it was done??

http://pinterest.com/pin/37788084343807554/

10 replies
DeliciousDesserts Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 5:27pm
post #2 of

LOTS of structural support is my guess. Must have used some pvc & cake boards similar to Bronwen Webers system.

Lalady Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 5:37pm
post #3 of

Holy cow!!! I can envision the support looking like a "bush" of pvc pipes and joints.

BabyGerald Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 7:29pm
post #4 of

Thanks for the post - I LOVE IT! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:25pm
post #5 of

Wonder if it's a dummy? Then it would be easy to put together icon_smile.gif

DeniseNH Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:31pm
post #6 of

OK, that is SO gross. It's all real cake too - you can't get a filling bulge with fake cakes and one of them has a slice taken out of it near the bottom. Horrible. Just like trashing the gown or smashing cake in each other's faces.

ApplegumPam Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:51pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH

OK, that is SO gross. It's all real cake too - you can't get a filling bulge with fake cakes and one of them has a slice taken out of it near the bottom. Horrible. Just like trashing the gown or smashing cake in each other's faces.

I agree !! and I'm thinking it was just placed like that in-situ - have a look halfway up on the RHS board is even bending?

No way is this structurally sound - and as for the picture being on Pinterest - if you click on the pic it doesn't take you to the original source (like MOST others do) it takes you to a Spam Warning

costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 9:54pm
post #8 of

that's a hot mess.

reginaherrin Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 10:22pm
post #9 of

I have to agree with the previous few posts, that cake is horrible. The cake close to the bottom doesn't have a piece cut out it broke in half and there are several other cakes totally smashed and messed up. I think they just started stacking the cakes on site haphazardly and without thought of it falling down. I bet it did not stay that way for long.

BarbaraM0809 Posted 31 Aug 2012 , 11:51pm

Yeah I thought you ladies would get a kick out of that hot mess lmao...I wonder if they were like "holy crap, there's nowhere to put all these cakes! Wait, I've got a great idea, lets just stack them on top of each other...here, hand me some of those tea cups to balance them out..."

cheatize Posted 1 Sep 2012 , 3:45am

I believe a saw a similar (but much nicer) cake in one of Collette Peter's book. She explained the structure. Of course I can't remember how she did it, though. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%