You Know Your A Baker When.....

Decorating By ChristineCMC Updated 20 May 2017 , 1:50pm by delicut

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 12:30am
post #31 of 39

Just thought of another one. You walk into a store and someone calls your name - you hug - then she starts talking about how excited they are for their upcoming wedding - you ask how things are going and say generic things like - time goes by fast, doesn't it....and not to worry, you'll make them proud. Then walk away and say "I have no idea who that was".

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 12:56am
post #32 of 39

You know you're a baker when you don't have a single T shirt without food coloring on it. Or does that just mean you're messy? icon_confused.gif

Cjsmommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cjsmommy2012 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:10am
post #33 of 39

when your up until 3am on a riday night decorating a cake ...also when you have free time and all you can think of doing is baking a new cake recipe or organizing all your cke tools..oh and my fav. would be admiring all the beautiful custom cakes from other bakers on here =)

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:49am
post #34 of 39

ooh I have another one...when you dream about cakes.

I keep dreaming about decorating cakes. Last night it was me using white chocolate ganache. I was so excited when I woke up. I actually thought I had made this cake,

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 2:12am
post #35 of 39

When your teenager daughter says to you "You smell like frosting" in a tone that is obviously meant to be snotty, then proceeds to tell you how you have "ruined" cake for her by always having it in the house. Now she can never enjoy it, because it isn't special anymore.

Sigh....I miss when she was little and I wondered if she'd ever start talking.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 5:37pm
post #36 of 39

... when you take a one month break, finally baking a cake for your family in your small cute oven at home, your kids come to the kitchen, check the oven asking: 'Is it for somebody?' (else intended).

HootersAlicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HootersAlicia Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 7:19pm
post #37 of 39

When your husband is known at work as "The Cupcake Guy" because that's how you justify trying all the new recipes you keep imagining. Also, when he asks if you can make some cupcakes for the potluck at work tomorrow you can instantly inventory in your head every kind of filling and frosting you already have made in your fridge/freezer and how you can pair them. (this was me yesterday)

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 7:37pm
post #38 of 39

HootersAlicia - that happens to me all the time, I decided last week to keep a batch of CC's in the freezer for just this purpose, when my husband pops his head round the door and asks if I've got any extras because he's visiting a friend who's sick (so who's really eating the cake??)/going to his aunts or party at the office etc etc all or any happening on the same day!

delicut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicut Posted 20 May 2017 , 1:50pm
post #39 of 39

so true!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%