Chunky Monkey Weight Loss Support Group

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 14 May 2012 , 2:22pm by TexasSugar

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:51pm
post #31 of 164

I didn't know this new thread was started, I am glad, because I need a new start!!! After working so hard to lose 40lbs, I am again heading up icon_cry.gif I have gained 20lbs back in a very short amount of time! BUT no more excuses - I am determined to quit gaining and start back on the right track - no more procrastination!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:18pm
post #32 of 164

Jlcalvert, welcome!!

I can understand the grazing. I tend to want to do that at night. icon_sad.gif

Have you looked up some activities that would help you get exercise and get to spend time with the little one?

Karen, I'm glad you are back. I hope you and Margie forgive me for not linking up to the old thread. I figured anyone looking would see this one first. I really needed the new start and I knew that post after post after post on the other one was just me saying it over and over that I was back at it.

I totally hear you with the gain. When I looked back at my weight from April, the last time I attempted to lose and saw that I'd gained 20lbs all I could think was this is ridiculous. I have the same feelings I did when I first started losing weight all those years ago. If I don't do something about it now it will get out of control, and apparently very fast.

Today is my weight in day, and honestly before I stepped on the scale I was prepared for the worst. At most I hoped I was at where I was last week, and worst I figured I had gained something. While I did an awesome 59 miles the week before, I only did a sad 13 this week.

Last weeks weight: 174.4
This weeks weight: 173.4

I was honestly surprised to see that -1 lb. Which brings me to a total lose of 5.2 for the month of October. I'm good with that.

Thankfully it tells me while I didn't do great on the exercise part of things, I didn't let my eating get totally out of control because of it. I didn't completely give up this week. For that I am happy.

Yesterday I ordered a new plug for my Elliptical. The plug has been missing since the first of the year, and I'm pretty sure I know where it is, which would be in a box that I can't get to in a storage building. When I get around to having a garage sell I may find it. But I decided yesterday to just suck it up and order a new one. It cost me $28 to buy the darn thing, but after the 7th I will have no excuse at all for not exercising, since I'll be able to do it at home again and won't have to go over to my parents. I'll still go over there and use their equipment, so I can get some variety, but I always end up spending longer there than I plan to and then don't get things done at home.

My goals this weekend are to finish cleaning out and rearranging my kitchen, started it last night. Make a trip to the grocery store, make a concrete food plan, and then do some food prep to make it easier to prepare during the week.

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 3:57pm
post #33 of 164

I like the Friday weigh-in idea. So here it goes....
This morning my weight was 192.5 my goal for next friday is 190.0. I plan on walking at the park with the kiddos and less grazing. Will see how it goes.

Good luck

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 4:42pm
post #34 of 164

Hi Ladies! Thanks for this new thread, TexasSugar! The other thread was sooooo long! I was a sometime contributor to the that thread, but I will reintroduce myself to everyone.

I am Anna, age 59. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in June 2009. I am 5ft tall and at that time I weighed 260 lbs. (I thank 20+ years of caking for that weight...so beware...don't eat what you bake!)

I changed my life with proper diet and regular easy exercise. I lost 105 lbs in 18 months and have maintained that since December 2010. I currently weigh 155. I weigh myself every Monday. My MD says my weight is fine as long as my lab numbers stay in line. He actually said that a little extra weight is not a bad thing for an older woman, because "when (we) get sick, things can go downhill fast." All my lab work is within non-diabetic range...ALL done without any meds. I am living proof that if I can do this, anyone can. I am here for support when it gets hard to cope but also here to support others.

Ask me anything. I'll try to help. Good luck to everyone!

TexasSugar Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 7:05pm
post #35 of 164

Jlcalvert, I hope you have a great time at the park with the kids. icon_smile.gif

Welcome back Sugar Frosted. It is nice to see someone that has done the hard work and has kept it off. It gives me hope!

TexasSugar Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 3:04pm
post #36 of 164

Survived the weekend! And was productive at that!

Friday night and Saturday I spent a great deal of time in my kitchen. I decluttered the counter tops, wiped out cabinets, returned things to where they went, and even rearranged a few cabinets. I also cleaned my freezer and fridge out. In both I threw away anything that was out of date or stuff I bought, but didn't quite like. I guess I held on to it thinking I'd change my mind. Why do we do that? It is so nice to look into both and have them organized, and know what is in there.

Saturday night I did a 30 min setting on the treadmill. It was one of those programmed settings and it started off very slow and no incline. That was very misleading because before it was over that thing had me up at an 8.0 incline! Thankfully the speed never went over 3.5 because with that and some of the inclines I would have needed someone to pick up me off the wall behind the treadmill. After that I did 30 mins on the exercise bike. Between the two I totaled 7.5 miles. Add that to the climbing up the step stool numerous times, and squatting/bending to deal with the bottom cabinets my body, namely my legs were sore yesterday.

Yesterday I did my grocery shopping for the week, combine that with my meal plan and I think I am ready for the week. I've decided on days when I cook a 'hot' meal for lunch I will eat light at night. I'm not counting calories as strictly as I have in the past, but I am working on eating less, and eating more veggies and fruit.

Happy Halloween everyone!

aliciam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciam Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 2:47am
post #37 of 164

Hi All icon_smile.gif

So I have to join your group. I too feel like a chunky monkey icon_sad.gif

I have been up and down the last 5 years (ever since I had my son).
My stats 5'2 29yrs (30 in feb) weigh in 167 (use to be 115lbs) my goal is 120-130lbs basically I would like to fit in my old clothes, feel more energetic and good about myself.
I have recently started Turbo Fire workout videos, they are a lot of fun to do and make you sweat the only issue is finding time to do it especially when 6 detailed cakes are due the same day this week icon_sad.gif But I am going to try my best.

I look forward to joining everyone in this forum icon_smile.gif I wish you all the success wed can do this icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 12:07pm
post #38 of 164

It is amazing what happens when you stop eating - constantly - I lost 2lbs!!! Yeah icon_biggrin.gif Those were the easy pounds, now for the hard ones - today I start exercising again. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 1:56pm
post #39 of 164

Welcome Aliciam!

Karen, Congrats!! Good luck with the exercising! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 3:18pm
post #40 of 164

Hank's (the name I have given my elliptical) ac adapter came via UPS Tuesday, so I had to plug it in and try him out. It has been almost a year probably since I had been on him. Wow! I did a mile and that was it. I don't know why, but he is harder than anything else for me to do.

Last night I decided to challenge myself. I did another 30 min setting on the treadmill (1.5 miles), this time the incline only want to 5.5, and did another 30 mins on the exercise bike (6 miles). I had thoughts about doing 30 mins on Hank, but wasn't sure I would survive it. I finally talked myself in to trying, and made myself (it was very, very hard) finish out the 30 minutes (2.5 miles).

I've only done 18.5 miles so far this week, so I'm still not up to where I was, but because I've played with the inclines/resistance during them I should be getting a fairly good work out.

I stepped on the scale both Tuesday morning and this morning, and I am up, 1.5 to 2lbs. I'm hoping I can chalk that up to the visiting Aunt from hell. I have sorta debated skipping weighing tomorrow and picking it back up next week. But there is a part of me that says do it, if it's gain still, I'll deal with that and move on. I'm not going to quit just because I'm up a little, it just means I need to double down efforts and exercise more/harder.

How is everyone doing this week? Are you having a good week? Bad week? Still with us?

jlcalvert Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 6:07pm
post #41 of 164

Just thought I would check in (day before weigh in).
Tracy it sounds like you are doing awesome. Weight gain is probably muscle from the inclines icon_smile.gif
I myself have not been so good this week. Halloween with a 5 years old does not go well with a diet!!!! Mommy's always have to make sure the candy is ok for the kiddos, right? Anyway, I will still get on the scale tomorrow. It will most likely be a gain but I will just work harder next week.

TexasSugar Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 6:18pm
post #42 of 164

I really never think about the muscle weighs more thing, I don't think I've done enough to really build any muscle yet. My guess is that it is probably water weight more than anything.

No Halloween candy for me to deal with, but I did make some banana bread and zucchini bread at the first of the week. I have limited myself on them and quickly froze the extra loaves so I wouldn't have the temptation as easily.

We will deal with what the scale says tomorrow, then improve things next week. icon_smile.gif

jlcalvert Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 10:19am
post #43 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcalvert

10/28/11 Stats: 5'8" 192.5. My goal is to be around 160.

weight 11/4/11----192.0

Not the best weight loss for the week but considering the large bowl of Halloween candy that is sitting on my kitchen table I will take any loss I can get icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:20pm
post #44 of 164

Half a pound gone is half a pound gone. icon_smile.gif Congrats!

The scale wasn't my friend this morning.

Last weeks weight: 173.4
This weeks weight: 175

So I am up 1.60bs this week. This is the exact same number I saw yesterday. Right now I am blaming Aunt Flo. I didn't drink a lot of water yesterday and one of my cravings is always salty stuff.

While I didn't do a grand number of miles I did do 18.5 this week, and some of those were really pushing myself on the inclines/resistances. I also have not had any fast food this week, and minus a little limited snacking do not think I over ate.

It is what it is. I'm going to work on more exercise this week, and we will see what happens.

jlcalvert Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 11:10am
post #45 of 164

11/4/11----192.0

Not too bad this week. Really watched what I ate and with the cold fronts coming in it has been so nice to be outside.

11/11/11---190.5

TexasSugar Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 2:48pm
post #46 of 164

Congrats jlcalvert! 1.5 is a great job!

Starting weight: 178.6lbs
10/28 - 173.4

Last week's weight: 175
This week's weight: 172.6

Since I was up (stupid AF) I am reverting back to the week before weights, so I only list .8 this last week. I did not do any exercise last week, so I'm really surprised I did lose anything. I'm thankful for it.

I was watching Biggest Loser this week, and while I think the amounts they lose on the show is ridiculous the did say something on that that makes total since to me. They said that it doesn't take very long at all for bad habits to return. That you can go on a week vacation and say that it's okay I'm on vacation, but by the time you get home you have already adjusted back to a lot of your bad habits. This is so true. You can do awesome for a while, then just a few bad days and you struggle to get back to doing awesome.

jlcalvert Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 3:30pm
post #47 of 164

Hey a loss is a loss right??? Good job!

TexasSugar Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 3:52pm
post #48 of 164

Yes! I'll take a .8 especially since I was up last week. It does help me to know that weeks gain was more because of that time of the month than me doing a sucky job. And a small loss, with no exercise, shows me that I'm doing okay with my eating. That is a plus.

jlcalvert Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 4:05pm
post #49 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcalvert

11/4/11----192.0
11/11/11---190.5

Hi Everyone!!! Hope you are all doing well!!!
I have been loving this cool weather we have been having and it's starting to show!!!!! I am very happy with the weeks weigh in. 3.5 pounds!!!

11/18/11 wt=187.0

TexasSugar Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 4:50pm
post #50 of 164

Awesome job!!

Last week's weight: 172.6
This week's weight: 173

So I am up .4 this week. Haven't mastered the getting back to working out thing yet. Sigh. I'm gonna have to get this figured out or the busy holiday season is going to do me in again.

Jeepgirl73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeepgirl73 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:26pm
post #51 of 164

Is it too late to join in ??
I know I am new to the forum but I was on a smoking cessation forum years ago and we started a weight/exercise thread during the journey and I found it kept me focused . icon_smile.gif

I have recently gained 23 pounds...and I have always gone up and down with the ups and downs in my life.

My weight journey:
Lowest in adult was 120 -- highest was 230 ( post baby number 2) .
I found for me a goal is the only way i keep focused . I started running 3 years ago when I lost my husband for the stress. Also started baking when that same year to keep my mind busy and gained a bit of weight while "testing" recipes lol. Early this year I trained for a marathon and got to 126 again and was lean and very fit. 3 months into strict training and running 22k on Sundays I had a knee injury. Couldn't run for months with the knee and fed myself to make the pity party even better.
I fit in none of my clothes and really need to get back to running.

weight today : 149

My name is Sara btw icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 9:11pm
post #52 of 164

It is never too late to join! Welcome Sara!

I can totally understand the weight being effected by what is going on in your life. I think that was part of my problem this summer.

jlcalvert Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 4:54pm
post #53 of 164

Hey Where did everyone go??? Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving and didn't fall too hard off the wagon!!! Didn't even want to weigh in on Friday. Hope the weight isn't too bad for this Friday's weigh in.

TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 5:40am
post #54 of 164

I've been mega busy at work and this is the first time i've been to cc in about two weeks.

Last week during Thanksgiving I aggravited my back and have been dealing with pain since then. Ugh!

I didn't weigh the Friday after Thanksgiving. But did weigh this last Friday. I was at 173.4 so I'm up a little.

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 2:21pm
post #55 of 164

I never new this group existed here. That is great. Started my diet this past Monday. I couldn't wait until New Years. I never had much sucess on keeping New Years resoulutions. I am 36, 5'7" and weigh 161. I want to fit into my old jeans again. I would like to get down to 135.

The hardest part for me as someone has stated before, is the maintaing. I go back to my old ways thinking I won't gain it back and before you know its back.

I have already decided that when I reach my goal I am going out and getting a new pair of Miss Me jeans. Those dang things are expensive and it will give me the drive to keep the weight off so I can still fit in those jeans.

How do I officially join this group?

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 8:26pm
post #56 of 164

I would like to join this group my highest weight was 238 and now I am at 155. I would like to continue to lose. I have found that I HAVE to exercise! After boys boys graduated high school I decided to get a part time job. I am a water aerobics instructor and an athritis class instructor for the seniors in the pool. This job makes me exercise because as with any job if I don't show I get fired plus I get paid to do it. I have found the more I lose and exercise the more energy I have. I was so heavy I just wanted to eat and sleep. I can so relate to everybody that struggles with it. It isn't about a diet it is about a lifestyle change.

jlcalvert Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 8:46pm
post #57 of 164

11/4/11----192.0
11/11/11---190.5
11/18/11---187.0
11/25/11---didn't touch the scale!!!

Weighed in yesterday at 184.0 can't complain about that.
Tracy sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get to feeling better soon!! icon_biggrin.gif

Jessica

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 1:09am
post #58 of 164

Hi all! I have to say that I am a Chunky Monkey! I plan to start my diet (again) tomorrow. I will weigh in at that time. So tired of being the fatty of the family. So watch out treadmill here I come!!!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 1:59am
post #59 of 164

I jumped right in when you started this thread, but I'm sorry to say I've been absent since. That first entry I weighed 184, that went up to 188.8. I finally got in the right frame of mind, and this morning I weighed 182.2. I'm trying to cut out carbs-those are my real demons.

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 11:06pm
post #60 of 164

poohsmama, if you're trying to watch carbs, a good diet is "The Insulin Resistance Diet." It doesn't cut out carbs completely, but teaches you how to eat them so that you don't gain. I started the diet 4 years ago, lost 50 pounds, and have kept it off since then. It involves eating carbs with protein to avoid spikes in blood sugar. I got the book on Amazon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%