Chunky Monkey Weight Loss Support Group

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 14 May 2012 , 2:22pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 164

Here we go. Again! For those that have been around, you know the point of this thread, its basically what the title says, a group to support each other in the fun (yep that was sarcasm) journey of losing weight.

Ive been a member of this group for a while now. Ive had my highs (being at my all time lowest adult weight of 13icon_cool.gif and my lows (currently being 5lbs under my highest weight ever) so I have learned this is an on going process, and even when you are on the right track you cant let up or you end up right back where you were. The support I have gotten from the past is one of the things that kept me on track, when I am working at staying on track.

Ive decided to start a new thread, because really I was feeling like a broke record on the other one, and I needed a fresh start and figured others did too. If you want, you can always check out the past thread because there is a lot of great information on it. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=635076&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I really want to be all gung ho and say this is it (Ive said it before many times) and Im going to get to my original goal and under, but for now I am going to focus on the next 10 weeks, the time between now and Christmas. It will take me a lot longer than that to get to where I need to be, but that seems like a good place to start.

Hopefully some of the original monkeys will join me here, and there is ALWAYS room for new monkeys!

163 replies
TexasSugar Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 164

My stats:

32 year old female that is only 5 foot tall and weighed (as of last Friday) 178.6lbs

My long term goal was always to get to a BMI in the normal range which starts at 127lbs for my height.

My short term goal is to try to lose about 2lbs a week, which is doable, between now and Christmas.

I am working on getting back in the habit of keeping track of everything I eat, as well as planning out meals ahead of time. For the last week Ive been working out on either the thread mill or exercise bike.

Ive got a little momentum building, I just need to keep it going now.

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 164

Would it be alright for me to join in on this?

26, 5'1, and currently sitting at 143.

Right now I'm just trying to get back down to the weight I maintained for a short period of time of around 120 (really, I just want to fit into my old pants again as well as my shirts -- I'm so tired of wearing the same shirts every week because I refuse to buy new clothes! Unless they are for a lower weight, at any rate).]

Currently in a weight loss competition at work until Nov 30; trying for 1st place (though, really I'm just happy with any loss that I can get as I've already noticed that I feel better each day).

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 12:39am
post #4 of 164

I am also a chunky monkey! I really need a support group.
I'm 59, retired (so I'm at home around food a lot of the time!)
I'm 5'7" and weigh (yes, I'll say it!) 184 pounds.

I used to swim 1/2 mile three mornings a week, then walk 1 1/2 miles around the local park. But, I messed up my leg and have to rest it for 3-6 months. My weight has ballooned since then.

I was at 145 about two years ago. I would love to get there again.

TexasSugar Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 164

Welcome Ladies!

Augurey, I can so relate to the clothes issue. 90% of my clothes are sized for my 140lb body, not the one I have now. I've bought a few things, because I had to, but I refuse to buy a bunch of clothes.

Poohsmomma, I can also understand the weight ballooning. While I knew I had gained weight back plus some since last summer, I realized yesterday that I have gained almost 21lbs since April. That's a gain of 21 pounds in six months. I know that's not good, not healthy and so many other things.

Fridays will be my weigh in day. I stepped on the scale last week so I have my base point to go off of. Pick what ever day works best for you. You can report in on Fridays or your day of choice.

Momofjaic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjaic Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 12:35am
post #6 of 164

Ok I want in. Stats 31 almost 32 5'2". 160lbs. Mother of 3. Youngest is 13 mo. And yes I ate a lot of chunky monkey while prego. I have had great success in the past ( after other babies) with a program not weight watchers I'm going to try it again so we'll see ( that is also the reason for the last preg. !) I got down to 128! So I'm in!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 2:23am
post #7 of 164

My turn,
Age--soon to be 56
Height--4'11 3/4" (yes, every inch counts)
Weight--180

I want to get down to 125--big dreams I know. I had lost 25 lbs a couple of years ago and went to a doctor for check up and he put me on blood pressure meds and colesterol meds and then my weight climbed. Then torn the menescus (sp) in my knee and now it hurts to do the simplest exercises. I work out in a therapy pool every morning for about an hour and run after my 21 month old grandson everyday. I have to cook for him so I eat with him. I do put my food on the same size plate as his so that I do not over eat. I also am not suppose to eat a lot of veggies because of a stomach problem so it makes it harder to follow regular diets.

TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 164

Welcome Momofjaic and dldbrou!

I did my weight in this morning.

Last Friday I was at 178.6 and this morning I weighed 176.8, so I am down 1.8lbs this week. I'd like to have that extra little bit and be able to say two full pounds, but I'm still very much happy with what it is.

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 12:59am
post #9 of 164

I just want to say "great job!" to all of you - I've been there and I'd like to offer my support. I know how hard it is! 4 years ago, I was 51 years old, and I was 5'8" and weighed almost 190 pounds. I had reached a point where I was eating whatever I wanted and wasn't gaining much, but I certainly wasn't losing. I kept telling myself that I was fine with my size and had no intention of trying to lose weight. But after some bad bloodwork results and a CT scan revealing fatty liver disease, I decided that I had to do something. So, for the entire year of 2007, I dieted and managed to lose 50 pounds. I've been working ever since to maintain the loss, which is not easy! So, to all of you embarking on this journey, remember that 90% of losing weight is getting your head in the right place. If you aren't completely committed to it, it will never work. But the results are so worth it. I'll keep watching this thread, and I'll be the one in the cheering section, watching everyone's successes!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 1:36am
post #10 of 164

I have been trying to get myself motivated to lose weight - AGAIN! I am a 2 time Life member of weight watchers! I am almost 5', and I now weigh 155 - 156 depending on the day. About 2 years ago I lost weight and was down to 128. There is alot of illness in my family as our parents are getting older and I am always busy and feel like there I never have time to breath. I'm hoping to have time to follow this thread and hope it will encourage me to start taking care of myself and eat better which will inturn help me to lose the extra pounds. Thanks for giving it a new start. I am definitely feeling like a "chunky monkey".

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:15am
post #11 of 164

I'm 30 years old, 5'6", 186.1 lbs. as of this morning. The bad news is that I qualify as obese. The good news is that I only have to lose 0.2 lbs. to get back to just being overweight!

I have gained 16 pounds over the last six months. Wow, I really hated writing that! Before that, I was actually doing remarkably well. I lost 50 pounds in 18 months (220 down to 170) -- and I had a full pregnancy in there! By some miracle, I actually weighed less right after my baby was born than I did when I got pregnant. Then while I was nursing, I still had to work hard, but the weight came off much more easily than it normally does.

To be honest, I've kind of given up lately, but I know I need to get back on track. I'm just having a really hard time getting motivated, especially when I work really hard and don't see much result. I want to develop better habits, though -- not just for me, but for my three young daughters who are learning from my example, good or bad.

TexasSugar Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:34pm
post #12 of 164

Crazyforcupcakes, I've learned from my past experience that the keeping it is always going to be work for me. Not like tons of work, but I know that I have to always pay attention to what I am eating. When I don't, I fall back in to bad habits no matter how long I have had the good habits.

And you are totally right, you have to want it, really want it to make it all work. I'm finally back in to that place.

Price and Saffronica, welcome!

Saffronica, I've gained 20 in the last 6 months so I know how hard realization hits ya and for me it's double hard since it put me very close to my heaviest weight.

How was everyone's weekends?

Those two days are always my hardest days when it comes to eating, mostly because I enjoy sleeping in, then it throws my whole eating schedule off. I did work on the exercise part of things though. Since the 4th of this month I have logged a total of 80 miles between the exercise bike and treadmill. Most have been on the bike, but with it I do the settings where it changes the resistance.

I made a trip to the grocery store last night and have a loose idea of a meal plan for the week. Tonight I hope to sit down and write it out so I can follow it, and prep for things ahead. That I know is one of my issues. No plan means I give into more of the bad foods and fast foods.

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:49pm
post #13 of 164

I'd like to join to if you'll let me! I was a member of the old group, and a lot has happened to me since the last time I posted.

A few months ago I was at my highest adult weight (excluding pregnancy) of 182 pounds. I am 5'4" and I was miserable. I then joined a weight loss clinic we have here in canada called Dr.bernsteins diet and health clinic. It has seriously changed my life. I'm not here to endorse the program, nor do I really want to know all of the negative things people have to say about the program, trust me I already know. Anyways, in 3 and a half months I have lost 47 pounds, and I am at my lowest adult weight ever. Icam about to start the maintenance portion of the diet on Friday, and that is where I will need your support. I have great success doing the "strict" psrt of the diet, but transitioning back into the "real world" scares the heck out of me, and I pray to anyone that will listen that I never go back to the way I was.

I hope you'll all be there for me if I need your support. Thanks!

augurey Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 9:34pm
post #14 of 164

Welcome to everyone that just joined in!

Crazyforcupcakes, First, I want to say congrats on your hard work!

Everything you say really sticks out for me. You are absolutely right that if you aren't committed, it won't work. I can't even tell you the number of years I've battled my weight and have yo-yo-ed (Sadly, I remember being in 2nd grade saying I needed to "diet" icon_confused.gif ). But it really does take commitment.

For me, I know that I'm probably going to have to regularly weigh myself continually. When I weigh myself regularly, I can at least keep note of where I'm going. It never fails that when I stop weighing myself, I gain. And the more I gain, the more terrified I am to step on the scale.

The last time I really weighed myself this year had to of been February maybe? I knew I had gained quite a bit, but I was too scared to step on the scale (didn't want to own up). But finally they had a weight loss competition at work, which finally got me back on track. It was hard facing the scale, but I did it and now I'm at least going back in the right direction.

TexasSugar, Good job on your loss Friday!

I think weekends are very difficult. For me, at least during the work week, I have a set schedule for my job and therefore food follows into that structure. My weekends generally lack structure and I guess I feel like I have to eat more for some reason. Though I will admit exercise is so much easier on the weekends than the work days. Saturday and Sunday I can do 45 on the elliptical no problem. But after I get home from work, I'm exhausted just thinking about even getting on; and the times that I do, I struggle to do it for 30.

Good job on your exercise for the month!

For me:

My weigh in isn't until Wednesday, so that weight is my official weigh-in. I weigh every day (I realize you shouldn't, but I'm using that as a tool to see if I'm doing something right or if I need to change something -- plus it has helped me become more analytical of days based on my weight and has helped me realize several things which has helped change my perspective).

I'm anticipating a big loss for my weigh in Wednesday. First, when I weighed in Wednesday, I think I may have been retaining water. My loss for Wednesday (from the previous week) was 0.5 lbs and the following day there was a significant drop (which I would put to water weight). I have been sick since Saturday with lack of appetite. I do think some of the loss may be dehydration as I find it difficult to drink much when I'm not feeling good, but I did at least manage 3 liters of water today. But I'm sure once I get my appetite back, it'll come back with a vengeance, so I'm anticipating the following week to be not such a good one.

TexasSugar Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 9:59pm
post #15 of 164

Cakification, I honestly do think that maintaining is the hardest part of all of this.

Augurey, weighing every day is okay for some people. I honestly could hop on the scale every day it be okay. I stepped on it this morning actually. For some though, they get super caught up in the numbers and that part stresses them out and they quit before they really begin.

We all need to remember that many things can effect our weight, it isn't just fat or muscle, but like you said water weight, anyone around that time of the month can attest to that not to mention sodium intake, plus I have also read about dehydration causing issues, since your body is so thirsty for water it can hold on to it.

Maybe both you and I can figure out a way to make our weekends more structured, though I doubt I want to give up my sleeping in, quiet yet. icon_wink.gif

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 10:14pm
post #16 of 164

Augurey, I am like you in the fact that I have to weigh myself every day. There are 2 schools of thought on this, and most of them lean toward not weighing yourself daily. But I need to keep on top of things, and if I see the scales gradually heading up, then I know that I need to tighten up my diet. I weigh myself every morning before I get in the shower. This is a must for me, but it doesn't work for everyone. I say whatever works for you, do it!

augurey Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 10:40pm
post #17 of 164

TexasSugar, The thing for me is, this time around I'm trying to make some changes to things that have made me fail in my past several attempts.

Before, when I was living on my own, it was so easy for me. But since I moved in with my boyfriend and his family, it was like a shock to my system. I tried not to eat their food and stuck to my "diet" food, and eventually I just fell off.

Now, I'm trying to learn to be able to do portion control and eat healthier with the occasional bad food. The competition I'm doing for work is really helping with this -- I'm trying to do well to be accountable at work, but at the same time still trying to enjoy the moments that are happening in life (as we should be).

For weighing in every day... it would really irritate me when my weight would be up, even if I had been eating perfectly and exercising. Now I'm able to look at it more objectively.

Say, okay one morning I'm up 2 pounds. Well, the night before I ended up at a Chinese buffet with the family that contained enough sodium to meet the daily requirements of everyone in the state, so naturally I'm likely retaining water. Drink plenty of water and some exercise, and yep, it's down to something more appropriate.

I used to not be able to think like that, but if this is something I'd like to keep up and then maintain, I need to think more logically and objectively.

Lucky you get to sleep in! Sleeping in for me is 7:30; 8:00 max lol (oh sometimes I miss the high school days of sleeping in till noon... I can't even if I tried now) But I have to get up those two mornings relatively early to go feed some barn cats about 10 miles away. My Sundays have more structure than Saturdays. I'm usually okay Saturday if I'm baking.... but if not, then I'm totally lost. Sundays, like I said, have slightly more structure (not a ton), but Sundays are a little bit better for eating than Saturdays.

Saturdays (without baking) usually go:
Wake up, get cat food/water ready.
Drive 10 miles, feed cats (and the two chickens), play with the cats for a little bit, 10 mile drive back home.
Boyfriend is usually working, so cycle through surfing CC, FB and email. Walk through the house to see if I'm missing anything. No? Back to the computer and cycle through surfing CC, FB and email -- occasionally add in some Sims 3 play.
Hop on the elliptical for 45 minutes and shower.
By this time everyone is over for pizza night. So have pizza.
Watch a movie and go to bed.

So yeah, I think my Saturday really needs more structure on the days that I'm not baking. I've become so accustomed to Saturdays being my baking days that now that I don't bake as often on Saturdays (trying to slow down on the baking when there isn't a reason), I have nothing to do.

TexasSugar Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:45pm
post #18 of 164

I think a bonus for me is that I don't live with anyone, so I control what food comes in the house and what food, most of the time I eat. I do eat at my parents house at least once a week, but they are also working on the healthier eating thing.

I have learned though, even when other people are in control of the cooking or you go out to eat that is when portions are especially important. Because I'm not going to give up everything in the name of losing weight, but I have learned that I can eat less of it and still enjoy it while cut back on the calories/fat.

I am a horrible procrastinator. So that plays into things when it comes to weekends. I will plan to get things done, and then when the alarm goes off all I think about is it won't hurt if I sleep another 30 mins, and that 30 mins ends up as another. I really need to make efforts into changing that and getting things done.

I think as time goes on, that I am learning I would probably do really well with structure or plans, but that life just keeps throwing me off. Every time I plan to do something, something comes up and I have to change plans. So I don't know how to deal with that. When things don't work out as planned I feel it's easier to not make the plans. I have to work that out.

TexasSugar Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 1:48pm
post #19 of 164

You know those mornings when you step on the scale and are happy? Well that is today. Apparently the 59 miles I did on the exercise bike the last 7 days payed off.

Last weeks weight: 176.8
This weeks weight: 174.4

Makes it a loss of 2.4 for the week. Woo Hoo! And a 4.2 lose so far.

I'm definitely happy with that.

Now I just need to step into the weekend with some plans and follow through with them. I've got ideas for my menu plan, just need to finish that out, go to the store, and do prep to make it all come together more easily for me during the week.

How is everyone doing this week??

augurey Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:30pm
post #20 of 164

Congrats TexasSugar! How do you do on the exercise bike? I no longer have access to one, but I always thought it was a good piece of equipment to use, but I always found my butt would hurt pretty badly after getting off it, which would then make me not want to use it. I've always liked them aside for that reason.

Good luck with the weekend icon_smile.gif

For me, my Wednesday weigh-in, I was 139, so 4 pound loss. Though I think the previous week I had been retaining (as I'd only lost .5 and it flew off afterwards) and was sick as well.

Though I've not been doing well since. I'm already back up 3... which could be water (though I know it's not all water), but since I've got my appetite back, it's been so difficult. When I'm sick I find it difficult to drink much of anything, so now that I'm trying to drink my daily amount of water again, I'm finding it very difficult. That and I'm finding it difficult to eat what I should, but rather I'm going for everything I shouldn't.

Last night, not only did I eat more dinner than I should have, I also had Dairy Queen - that's not to say that I can't eat what I did, but rather I should have ate less dinner and had a small blizzard instead of a medium.

Tonight is pizza night, but I think I may skip pizza and have something healthy or eat less of it. I just have to hope that I get myself back on track asap.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 12:06am
post #21 of 164

Thank you Augurey!

Last night I had pizza at my parents. It was Papa Murphies and they get the ones with chicken and veggies, so that's a plus. I did probably ate one more piece than I should have. Then after that I took my nephew, he was spending the night, to Sonic for ice cream. Like you I probably should have gotten the vanilla dish instead of the Blast with Snickers. I adjusted what I ate today to help make up for the extra calories.

Glad you are feeling better! Being sick is not fun and doesn't go well with losing weight huh? Don't stress over it and just work back into the good habits you made. The important thing to remember when we are struggling is to keep pushing through.

The exercise bike is okay. It does make my butt hurt a little, and I have learned when I do a bunch on it at one time I do have to stand up now and then. As far as a work out goes, it's not bad, because I do the settings that play with resistance.

I've got my menu plan done for next week, grocery list made and about to hit the store I think. Then I'll be back at my parents for a little while to get some miles done. I took last night off from then because I had a sore muscles in my side.

One day of the weekend down, one more to go!

TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 6:22pm
post #22 of 164

I'm struggling this week. Haven't talked myself in to working out as much as I should, and haven't been too careful about what I have been eating. I have a feeling weight in Friday won't be grand. I working through the just keep pushing feelings, and hopefully can pull myself back on track before I completely derail.

Anyone else having problems this week? Or maybe you are having a great week? Hope others share how things are going for them...

augurey Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 8:23pm
post #23 of 164

I'm right there with you, TexasSugar. This week has been a real struggle.

Yesterday was my best day -- and even then still manged to eat two packs of coconut m&m's.

I have my weigh-in tomorrow and am cringing.

Pizza night was awful -- well, it wouldn't have been so bad if I had just had my normal amount of pizza (yes, I couldn't make myself eat less pizza). But what's worse is a I ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Red Velvet. I was in a really bummed out mood, which is how I justified that one. I kept trying to stop throughout the pint, but after so long I just hit the point of no return.

Sunday was bad as well -- ate a 6" sub on the way to Cleveland to pick up my mixer from my mom's. Then ended up eating KFC at my mom's.

I am so going to owe a dollar tomorrow morning.

I hope your week turns around, TexasSugar!

TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 9:27pm
post #24 of 164

I'll be crossing my fingers for you in the morning. If we don't lose this week, maybe we can at least stay even with last week's numbers?

I had Long John Silvers with my parents last night. I mean hello, fried, fried, fried, and coleslaw/corn. We have done really good not having fast food for lunch, and I just hate thinking about all the calories in the fish and stuff, and it wasn't grand, just fast food.

I've still been keeping the food journal, so even though I hate what I have eaten I am completely aware of it. Time to make the entries better, not worse.

Today is my long work day, and I won't get home until after 9. I've already been working on talking myself out of going over to my mom's after class and doing the exercise bike. I did it last week, but then by the time I ate (don't have time to really eat between the two jobs) I'm super hungry, and don't make good decisions when it comes to portion control. So tonight I think I am going to just go home, eat something, then clean up the kitchen. I'll pick up the exercising tomorrow night.

I'm thinking maybe tomorrow night I will clean out the freezer, since I want to inventory what is in there. That way I know what I have, what is still good / not covered in ice, and can make decisions for next weeks meal plan.

Along with losing weight, I'm trying to save money. It isn't very productive on either front to buy a bunch of things (veggies and such), without a clear plan for their use then having to throw them away a week later because they went bad.

I need to get myself in to a routine of menu plan, make grocery list, grocery shopping, per-preparing for the week, and following through.

Sending positive thoughts your way!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 11:32pm
post #25 of 164

I don't do weigh ins, just notice how my cloths fit, which they don't.

My eating habit is not large amounts of food, I just don't have any energy after taking care of my 23month old grandson all day from 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. to go work out. Also my knee has been killing me for the last two weeks which makes it hard to exercise.

Now if I can keep from eyeing the Halloween candy bowl. LOL Potty training my grandson and if he doesn't have an accident he gets to choose from the bowl. It is sure hard not to get something for me to keep up with his energy.

I should be skinny chasing after him and eating the same amount that he does, but my metabolism is dead I guess.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:36am
post #26 of 164

Don't let eating out ruin your diets - just make better choices! At Long John Silver's, if they don't offer a non-breaded option, take the breading off your fish and get a salad instead of the cole slaw. I ate out at least 3 times a week while I was seriously dieting, and it all came down to choices, and I still lost weight. At KFC, order the grilled chicken and take the skin off, get green beans and salad instead of corn or fries. If you want a biscuit, only eat half of it. At Subway, leave the cheese and sauces off, and have the light sauce or just vinegar. If I can do it, you can, I swear!!!

TexasSugar Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 6:40pm
post #27 of 164

Dldbrou, not eating enough can be as bad as eating too much. When you don't get enough calories in your body to fuel it, typically they say don't go below 1200, your body stories them for future fuel thinking it may need them later. This will screw with your metabolism. Also while we may be at a good number of calories, there are good calories with vitamins and nutrients we need, and there are bad calories with lots of fact and no good stuff. So while we may keep calories low, we may not be giving our bodies the right fuel. Just a thought.

I babysat my friend's daughter from 6 weeks old to 2 years of age, anywhere from 8 hours to 10+ hours. (She's a nurse.) It does wear you out! Many of days when she had nap time, so did I!

Crazyforcupcakes, it is true that there are some healthier choice when it comes to fast food. With the LJS, I didn't purchase it, nor was I involved on the picking the 'menu' of it. While it wasn't the best choice, it was dinner and I did make a choice to limit my calories, like 6 fries instead of a handful and one package of tater sauce instead of 4.

My only complaint about fast food is that even some of the 'healthy' options really aren't that healthy when you look at the numbers. While chicken is often better for you than beef, 99% of the chicken sandwiches come with a big clump of mayo on them. Or you have the salads that come with a lot of high calorie extras.

Honestly in the last two weeks I have had take out / fast food 4 times. Once was Mexican food out, where I chose fajitas over cheese enchilada with fajita meat one top, and didn't eat the beans and rice. Once was the pizza, which was chicken instead of high calorie/high fat meats and had veggies on it like spinach, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes, so I feel okay about that too. And we did have Jack in the box where I had a Chicken pita and split an order of egg rolls. Again, I could have done way worse there too.

My brother asked me this week if I missed the fast food at lunch. Instead of wasting money on it, I have been 'cooking' for both of us. We either have sandwiches, something done in the crock pot, or little mini sized casseroles I can put together and bake. With them we have been having a lot of fruit and veggies. So honestly I haven't missed the fast food over the real food.

Thankfully my brother thinks I'm a good cook and has been open minded. Today I had him eating Turkey and Cheddar Sausage. For a meat (beef) and potatoes kinda guy, that's something.

If I don't lose this week, it will be more than just my meal choice, it will be from portions, snacking and not exercising like I should have.

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 9:23pm
post #28 of 164

Can I join in? having 2 kids in 15 months kicked my butt. Especially gaining 50 lbs with each kid.
So here we are, my youngest daughter just turned 1, and I still weigh almost the same as I did when I walked out of the hospital with her, despite working my butt off training for a triathlon this year (which I didn't get to compete in due to injury. GRRR!)

So I'm 30, 5'9", 168lbs. To be at a comfortable healthy weight I need to get to around 145. I know 23 lbs shouldn't be that bad, but I really do try to work out at least 3 times a week, which includes pulling my 2 girls in a bike trailer 10-14 miles once a week (and that sucker adds an extra 95 lbs of weight to pull). So the food has to be the culprit, right? Sigh. I eat around 1500 calories a day. Then when I lose absolutely zero weight I get very aggravated, especially since my hubs can drop 30 lbs in 5 months no problem.

Then comes the cake. And the soft drinks. Just something to cheer me up.

So I need motivation and people to hold me accountable!

TexasSugar Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 10:08pm
post #29 of 164

Welcome Sammie!

First of all, ignore the hubby's weight loss to start with. Guys lose faster than women because they typically have more muscle mass. More muscles means more calories burned. Plus everyone loses weight differently. You just have to find the combination that works for you.

At 1500 calories, you should lose some weight, but there are always things that can factor into that. You can also talk to your Dr and see if there is something medically that could be keeping you from losing weight like a thyroid problem.

I can tell you after the weekend and the beginning of the week where I have done very little exercise it makes me have those, I might as well give up and start again next week feelings. But I'm not going to do that, because then I will have that many more days to back track and try to make up for.

We all need cheering up now and then. Have you thought about ways outside of food to help give you those same feelings? I know I was reading the other day that exercise is good for depression and will help improve moods. Of course when I'm not in a great mood exercise is the last thing I want to do. But sometimes we have to push ourselves to do it.

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 10:14am
post #30 of 164

If I may I would like in!!!
Stats: 5'8" 192.5. My son will be 11 months next week. I don't know how much longer I can say it is baby fat!!!! My goal is to be around 160.
I don't eat large meals but I am a grazer. I munch ALL day long!!!
Trying to control the snacking and adding some exercise to the mix when the baby lets me!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%