How Would You Handle This... Loosing Faith In Customer

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 11:48pm by BizCoCos

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm
post #61 of 68

Maybe the OP decided not to post replys anymore because this post got nasty (like so many do).

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 6:21pm
post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startip

... A storyteller engages her audience in rapt attention, asking their participation, then walks off the stage before telling the ending...

I can't tell you how common this is here. I would guess that for 8 out of 10 of these "CRISIS! What do I do now!" kinds of threads, we never find out what happened in the end after pages and pages of participation invested in the situation. So I think most of us understand your frustration.

I usually don't even read these kinds of threads anymore for three reasons...
- OP never comes back with the outcome.
- OP comes with a problem, everybody agrees on what she should do, she rationalizes the coward's way out and drives us all nuts with the frustration of it all.
- OP is really a troll coming on with a problem she knows is controversial, wanting to stir up drama which she can then sit back and enjoy as we all turn on each other like it's The Lord of the Files or something.

2 out of 10 times, OP has just resolved the situation is is so glad to be done with it, she's just not thought to come back and clue us in.

And if there's one thing I've learned, it's that people can barely teach their own children accountability. It certainly won't work with a stranger on the internet. But I feel your pain.

Junebugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junebugs Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 9:07pm
post #63 of 68

Damn good analysis. Someone will come and Wiki-argue with you though about statistics or something though.

Junebugs Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 9:08pm
post #64 of 68

Damn good analysis. Someone will come and Wiki-argue with you though about statistics or something though.

Junebugs Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 9:09pm
post #65 of 68

Cakewishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakewishes Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 1:53pm
post #66 of 68

If the OP wants to come back to the forum she created and let everyone know the outcome or not I guess is her business, but I guess I don't get what the big deal is in coming back and saying that she ended up doing the cake, got paid and all's well that ends well. . . . unless, it didn't end well and she doesn't want to admit to that. But again, what's the big deal. . . if it didn't end well then lesson learned.

LenaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LenaMay Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 11:31pm
post #67 of 68

I'm also curious as to the outcome....no matter what the op's desicion was....I'd actually like to see a picture of the cake...

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 11:48pm
post #68 of 68

It is my fault for following this thread, but I have this morbid need to find out the outcome, lol. However, I have noticed recently at least 3 individuals that will post stories and then there is no outcome posted. I was about to offer advice to someone and then recalled that she had recently posted a sob/horror story, then followed no one's advice. No more drama for me. I wonder about the troll factor, not saying this original poster was one. Happy Caking, let's hear it for happy stories.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%