Earliest To Bake Cupcakes

Baking By baking4life Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 12:01am by pattycakesnj

baking4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone! So I need your expertise in this situation. I have to bake 55 cupcakes and a small 8in cake for this Sunday. But I also have a small two tier cake to bake and decorate for the same day. I want to bake the cupcake in advance but I don't know how early can I start. Is Friday a good day to bake my cupcakes and decorate them? How do I keep them fresh and moist until Sunday afternoon?

6 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 7

freeze freeze freeze!!! let that freezer be your friend!

I always freeze everything I bake.. including cupcakes. You can make them up, stick them in the fridge and pull them out when you are ready to decorate. I always wrap each cupcake in syran and then I put so many in ziplock bags and you are good to go. I have done many weddings with 200 plus cupcakes and this is the way I do it every time... everyone still raves about them.. they never know they have been frozen!

baking4life Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 7

OMG!!! Thank you so much!!! I never thought of doing that!! I will bake today since I have more time and frezze them!! Can I still decorate them on Friday and place them in the fridge? Mcdonald thank you so much for replying!! I really appreacitate it!

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by laprofe

OMG!!! Thank you so much!!! I never thought of doing that!! I will bake today since I have more time and frezze them!! Can I still decorate them on Friday and place them in the fridge? Mcdonald thank you so much for replying!! I really appreacitate it!

I would suggest a sealed container as opposed to the fridge. The refridgerator dries them out, IMO.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much everyone for your help! I really want to make sure I do this right!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 12:01am
post #7 of 7

For those of you that don't freeze, how many days can you bake the cupcakes before the event and still be fresh? I have a large order for Saturday. Can I bake tomorrow, decorate on Friday and still have fresh cupcakes on Saturday or should I bake on Friday? Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread but I was interested in answers to Op's original question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%