I'm Addicted!!

Baking By au_decorator_76 Updated 20 Dec 2010 , 8:00pm by sillywabbitz

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 12:41am
post #1 of 7

I thought I loved cake decorating...and I do. However I decorated my first sugar cookies yesterday with glaze and it's very addictive!

Right now I'm using a NFSC recipe and a glaze recipe I found on here. What is everyone's favorite glaze or decorating technique?

6 replies
cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 7

I like all the little designs you can make by pulling a toothpick through the glaze! People who don't know about that are so impressed, it's our fun little secret.

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 7

I'm finding that I like decorating cookies just as much as cakes too. It's very peaceful and calming. My favorite decorating technique is to use fondant.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 7

Even though they are more labor-intensive than cakes, I'd rather decorate cookies! As Dreme said, it's very calming. I use glaze exclusively, and have found I love using sanding sugars and non-pareils to glitz up the design. Also, I use food color pens alot to draw designs on the cookie, then ice them like paint-by-number pictures. I can flood the whole cookie if I want, then ice other colors on top. Glaze is translucent enough that the pen lines are still visible underneath. Enjoy your new addiction!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 7

Agreed, I do more cakes than cookies although I enjoy cookies more! I don't like the glace icings personally, I much prefer the royal, but then it's what I'm used to. And there are sooooo many cool things you can use to add glitz to a cookie, like Gemini said! The possiblities are endless!! icon_biggrin.gif

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 7

I do like cookies better than cakes. I like carmie00 icing.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 7

You people are saints. I've done cookies only once and it was so unbelievable time consuming. I instantly understood while the beautiful cookies cost so much money as they rightly should! I wish I found joy in them as so many people do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%