They Want A Refund! (Vent)

Decorating By cakesdelight Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 4:44pm by mom2csc

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:02pm
post #91 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

The bottom tier of that two tiered cake does look like it has a filling line about where that slice of cake does. And furthermore there is plenty of space in between those stripes to take a clean slice with no decorations. If the nincumpoops cutting the cake had not removed the top layer of cake when cutting the bottom- then the slice could have gotten mushed on top like that.
For all the ding dongs saying that sliced cake is on a spotted table cloth... it's on a speckled counter top, most likely marble or corian or something right in the kitchen. And there are no plates on the pink table cloth
Yes, over on the right hand side of the picture - you can just see the edge of pink plates...
http://picasaweb.google.com/delightfulcakesbakery/QueenOfJungle?authkey=Gv1sRgCPCE1ozVnN30ogE#

who's to say they didn't have black paper plates in the kitchen?
The top layer of cake looks to have been squished really hard right after it was baked to produce a level surface for decorating or the cake fell.

However....
*If the OP is certain she torted and filled the cake then her slice would have had three layers of frosting in the middle not one in the middle. So then it isn't her cake.*

That is all from this Nancy Drew

Now I have a question- how does one get such weird rounded baked sides on a cake layer like the slice of cake in question...? I have never seen that. Unless they baked in Pyrex casserole dish or something. Even a contoured pan doesn't have that side like a budging wheel of cheese.

monicabrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monicabrea Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:05pm
post #92 of 93

The only problem with getting a time stamp from your computer would be the date it was created on your computer so not a valid source. But she is probably bluffing don't give it a second bother

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:44pm
post #93 of 93

I do think you've made a great case for the cake not being yours by inspecting the picture and knowing what sort of product you send out there. I don't recall reading the type of event, but as a busy mom of 5, I understand how so much time could pass. If it were me, I would be initially ticked but could get distracted with life... wonder if it's worth going back to the bakery... talk with a few friends about how to proceed... start a draft email, need to add the picture, computer locks up... finally after way too much time, I finally send the email. I'm not saying this should impact your decision, I just know how so much time could've passed. I probably would've called, but not necessarily. That would depend on what else was going on, don't let a kid get sick ;-P again, there was so much talk about how much time passed, I wanted to offer how it could happen. If you wanted to respond, I'd send a picture of what your cakes look like, watermarked, and say that your end product doesn't look like what she sent you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%