Has Anyone Used A Clay Gun Before ?

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 5:55pm by DianeLM

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 8

I wanted to buy one and wanted to know if it works for making hair and boarders? Which is best?

7 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 8

I have the Makin and live it. It's green and has a twist handle instead of a squeeze handle which I really like.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 8

i have a makin and the red and black one(cost more) . i really like them both. depends on the day and what i want to do . hth

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 8

I also have the green Makin and love it so much I bought a second one for when I'm using multiple colors!

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 8

Add me to the Makin list icon_biggrin.gif I love that thing!

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 8

Definitely love my Makin. I add a smear of veg. shortening when I'm kneading my fondant to put inside. Makes it come out much easier and smoother....

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 8

While the Makin is nice, the Artway is far superior. Even the small ARtway has a capacity that dwarfs a Makin. Check out http://www.artwaytools.com/. They have a lot of discs (Many of which are totally useless for cake people however). STill they have a great selection.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 8

I have the black and red gun, the green Makins with the twist handle and I just purchased the Walnut Hollow clay gun. It's almost identical to the Makins except it has a crank handle (like a pepper mill) that I really like. Hubby is so relieved. I had been nag... uh... I mean, politely requesting that he make the twist handle into a crank. Now he doesn't have to!

I like having multiple clay extruders so when I'm doing mulitple colors, I don't have to keep emptying and cleaning the same extruder. I'm so spoiled. icon_smile.gif

Lovin that Artway extruder. Bookmarked and put on Christmas list. icon_smile.gif

I purchased one of those GIGANTIC extruders (found it at Bass Pro - it's for making deer sausage). It's collecting dust, tho, because my hands are too small to squeeze the trigger.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%