Lunch With Indydebi!!!

Decorating By anasazi17 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 2:40am by luckylibra

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:14pm
post #31 of 61

So jealous!!! And here I was feeling special because Debi accepted my friend request on FB!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:21pm
post #32 of 61

THAT IS SO COOL!! We actually meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month - I will fill everyone in on the idea of having you come, I know they all would love it too! I'll pm you later about what would work for you and your schedule. icon_biggrin.gif (setting here with big smile on my face!!)

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:29pm
post #33 of 61

JEALOUS!!!!
How lucky you gals are icon_smile.gif beautiful ladies...beautiful pictures.
-h

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:35pm
post #34 of 61

What a fantastic idea...Any CC'ers in Orange County or the Inland Empire in Southern California interested in doing lunch? Count me in and I'll gladly coordinate the meet n greet! Cheers, Rachel

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:40pm
post #35 of 61

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif "JEALOUS"!! Is the word!!!

Next to Susan Carberry, Indebyi is my next " idol".

I think it's wonderful that us obsessed cc'ers want to have a meet and greet luncheon.

I'm down with the Vegas thing too!
I'm down with making a road trip to Utah too!

It would be nice to get out there and meet fellow cc'ers! Take some pics for the cc magazine!!

Let us all know when the next meet and greet will be!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 6:37pm
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Heck yeah I'll travel!!! It's part of the fun of being semi-retired!!!

catlharper, where is your sister located? My hometown is Richmond, IND, which is right on the Indiana/Ohio state line, so we could even split the difference!

Berlin Center. We are planning a visit next fall...I know that's a long ways but you know what it costs to fly 3 out to OH? LOL!

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:53am
post #37 of 61

icon_surprised.gif Oh my gosh! I was totally thinking I would LOVE to meet indydebi just the other day. My sister lives in Indianapolis and I try to go out that way once a year. Or if anyone wants to meet up in CHARLOTTE, N.C. i'm about 30 min. away-let me know! LUCKY GIRLS!!!!!!!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:03am
post #38 of 61

HEY BABY LET'S GO TO VEGAS!

Anyone up for Oct 23/24th? I've been looking for something fun to do and my daughter, also a caker, laughed when I told her Rylan said "drop on by" and said, SURE, let's go to Vegas for your birthday! Anyone up for that?

Cat

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:36pm
post #39 of 61

Debi, I just wanted to add that I used your Debi-ism the other morning on hubby, about judging what you're going to do by what you've always done. Not only did it render him speechless, he nodded and said, "I can see that."

Soooo much better than the same old tit-for-tat argument that we try very hard not to fall into.

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #40 of 61

ohhh, please me too!!! i live in evansville (about 3 hrs) but if i have enough notice could i drive up and join you girls? please?

i'll bring cake (oh yeah that probably only works on non-cakers)
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 3:56am
post #41 of 61

[quote="catlharper"]

Quote:

My hometown is Richmond, IND, which is right on the Indiana/Ohio state line, so we could even split the difference!

My niece just graduated from Earlham! We always stop in Richmond on the way from STL area to Pitt, PA.

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 4:14am
post #42 of 61

similar to what you ladies did:

some CCers and i met on here and then fanned each other's facebook pages. then we friended each other. we've gotten so close that we've decided to take a vacation together to myrtle beach for the SRBA in august! we talk every day, multiple times a day (even though one is in louisiana, one is in virginia and i'm in north carolina!). without CC, i would have never met these women and friends for life!

it's so important to have friends in the biz to lean on, ask questions, vent, and get excited for you when great things happen!

xoxo to Jaime3679 and ksmith1012

let's keep up the great support icon_smile.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 4:39am
post #43 of 61

Awesome ladies; I'm sure you will remember this for a long time!

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 5:55pm
post #44 of 61

Im so jelous would have loved to had a lunch with fellow cake central ladies, especially in Indy!

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:11pm
post #45 of 61

Too bad Vegas was already mentioned, now I can't trick people into coming to Phoenix icon_sad.gif haha

I'm glad you ladies had fun together!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:18pm
post #46 of 61

I'm jealous also. I'm in the Tampa area and would love to get together with fellow CCer's. I'm just starting out and could use all the help and great tips. I am so glad I came across this site.

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:20pm
post #47 of 61

I would love to be included the next time. I live near Indy and would love to get together with fellow CC'ers

LisaMarie86 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #48 of 61

I would love to be included in any further outings. I am from the east side of Indy and am new to caking but am in love with it!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:56pm
post #49 of 61

LisaMarie, I'm also on the east side .... Shadeland and 71st. How close are we?

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:00pm
post #50 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyGravity

Too bad Vegas was already mentioned, now I can't trick people into coming to Phoenix icon_sad.gif haha

I'm glad you ladies had fun together!

I used to have a job that took me to Vegas about 6 times a year (it was a GREAT JOB!!!!) and I always seemed to fly thru Phoenix or Tucson for the layover.

So it could be arranged ........ ! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Icubed, Earlham is such a cool place! It's the oldest liberal arts college in the country. I used to live right next door to the Earlham cemetery .... (seriously, reach thru the fence and touch a tombstone!) ... Nice quiet neighbors! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #51 of 61

Indy is coming to COLUMBUS!! icon_biggrin.gif

August 10th for our Central Ohio Sugar Artists meeting....7 - 9 pm @ Powell United Methodist Church.

We are all very excited and happy that she was able to work us into her schedule! Our club members are really looking forward to meeting you Indy! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

LisaMarie86 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:12pm
post #52 of 61
Quote:

Im in the 10th and Shadeland area. Not too much of a trek.

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:21pm
post #53 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie86

Quote:

Im in the 10th and Shadeland area. Not too much of a trek.

Just a stone's throw! thumbs_up.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:43pm
post #54 of 61

SO glad all of you had a great time. I fully expected to see a BC rose in each ladies hair. I'm totally up for Vegas. Isn't it funny that on the computer we don't know where the other person is from, we might be neighbors or two countries away.

I just PM'd a lady to thank her for being the inspiration for my Wilton 4th Course Graduation cake (a 3 tier undersea theme). I told her I'm going to make an improved version for the Cake Shack at ICES. Guess what? She PM'd back and lives in San Diego too! She'll be volunteering at the ICES Cake Shack. Wouldn't that have been hysterical if we had each shown up with the same cake!

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:49pm
post #55 of 61

UNBELIEVABLE! I live in Columbus, literally 5 minutes away from the Powell United Methodist Church, and I have another meeting that night. If I get out of my meeting early, is it okay if I stop by? Is the group open to anybody?

Michelle

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:13pm
post #56 of 61

JEALOUS!!! Now I wish I still lived in Columbus! icon_sad.gif

-- Michelle, I used to live in Dublin, it really is amazing how small the world is.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:02pm
post #57 of 61

SO Jealous!!!!!!! I anyone want to come to GA...and I could soooo make Myrtle Beach....go there about 5 times a year anyways.

Loucinda Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:31am
post #58 of 61

Michelle, sure, stop in if you can! You can attend 2 meetings a year for free. icon_biggrin.gif

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 3:02am
post #59 of 61

WOW!!! That is awesome. i think I would pee my pants if I met Indydebi. She is always so motivational, inspirational, and an all around great gal. I am new to the world of caking and she always seems to know the answer, no matter what the question.

And Vegas...Oh yeah, I'm in. I am in need of a Vegas trip! I can't really think of a better reason that a CC'er convention.

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 1:49am
post #60 of 61

Hey Everyone, cfao here! We made it back safe & sound early Monday morning. What a great trip, we were gone from July 7-26, put almost 4200 miles on the road and had lunch with Indy & friends! It's funny you are all talking about Vegas, the next Jr. Nationals have been moved from Indy to Vegas for next year. Everyone could go out for lunch and spend a day at the lanes, Chris would have the biggest cheering squad for sure lol. Next road trip is in 3 weeks when we drive out to Wichita for him to start his college freshman year. That's going to be a long plane ride back home for me, I'll be boarding the plane with a whole box of tissues. Thanks again Debi for lunch, I had a great time with all of you.

Bev

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%