Unbelievable Difference In Customer Service!

Decorating By tguegirl Updated 13 May 2010 , 2:06pm by JCE62108

tguegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tguegirl Posted 10 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 5

I just ordered from two different cake supply websites: a site that can't be named on cakecentral (you probably know the one!) and First Impression Molds.

Site that must not be named was an absolute disaster to work with. They were out of stock of the item I needed, and told me they couldn't know until an order was placed and they tried to fill it that they were out of stock, (really!? you can't keep records?) refused to refund me any money despite the inconvenience. Oh, and I had to call them about 20 times before I got any answers because they never pick up their phone despite me calling during normal business hours. I even paid $20 for rush shipping because I really needed it quickly, only to have to spend 2 full days trying to contact them. Then I finally got so frustrated that I canceled my order. Still waiting on that refund to come through.

First Impression Molds, on the other hand, was a delight. They shipped my order out the very next day. They accidentally sent it to my billing address instead of my shipping address and when I let them know, they immediately refunded my entire purchase--and let me keep the molds! That's what I call customer service (and an absolute surprise after dealing with site that must not be named!)

4 replies
loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:53am
post #2 of 5

Hehe, Site that Must Not Be Named, (let just call it StMNBN) has a negative Better Business Bureau for a reason and is called StMNBM for a reason.

So many stories of people being burned by them. Horrible customer service myself too. I ordered from them 3-4 times before hearing about their horrible service and stories of business practices. Never ordered again after that icon_sad.gif

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 5

I'm so out of touch, I don't even know the StMNBN

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 5

The site which cannot be named, CANNOT be named at the site's request. So let's just leave it at that. icon_smile.gif

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 5

Ive ordered from First Impressions directly a few times. I figure that is the best way, honestly. That is why I got my mixer straight from KitchenAid and not through a department store. icon_smile.gif I love their molds. I use them all the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%