Cake Not Baking In The Middle

Baking By teejog Updated 2 May 2010 , 7:48am by PinkZiab

teejog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teejog Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 7

I have no clue what to do!! I am using a wilton pan that is 11x15 and the middle isnt baking. What do I need to do???

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

What recipe are you using? Box or scratch? How much batter used? What temp are you baking at? How long? Are you using bake even strips?
You'll get some people saying that you need anywhere from 1 to 10 flower nails to help the baking b ut I have made that size cake w/o any for over 30 years and not had problems.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 7

You probably need to bake it longer but using a couple of flower nails as heating cores will help.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 7

Please explain the flower nail process. Do you place it head down in the pan and then pour the batter over this?

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:53am
post #5 of 7

Yes - head side down.

Spray the flower nail with non stick oil (I use Baker's Joy) so the cake won't stick to it.

For that size pan you will only need one flower nail.

I bake at 350. Ater the first 20-30 minutes I will then start check the cake with a toothpick in several places until the cake is done.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:06am
post #6 of 7

I usually don't use flower nails ( I always remember to use them as I'm pouring the batter) But I bake at 325 and just bake longer. I don't even check for done-ness until I can smell cake through out the house, works like a charm.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:48am
post #7 of 7

I've never used flower nails or bake even strips or any of that. Just lower the temp, and bake it longer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%