Looking For A Specific Cake Paper

Business By Cakepro Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 5:50am by Cakepro

Cakepro Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:01am
post #1 of 8

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the product I'm seeking is called (so I can't find where to order it!).

When I order a cake from my favorite bakery, the cake is on a cardboard cake circle with a pretty piece of paper between the board and the cake. It's white with a scalloped edge and a gold trim. What the heck is that called?? I want to order some for my shop.

Thanks, friends. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
TitiaM Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:05am
post #2 of 8

I think what you want are called Glassine Doilies.

Cakepro Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:09am
post #3 of 8

Oh my, you are so right.

Thank you!

Cookie4 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:38am
post #4 of 8

Cakepro: Try S&J Cakes here on FM 1960 at Stuebner Airline!


Cookie4 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:40am
post #5 of 8

In fact she carries a couple designs of the paper. If you are going to the Houston Cake Club meeting this month I'll be happy to bring some to you there, but Larry's might also carry it. Give me a call.


Cakepro Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:44am
post #6 of 8

Oh shoot, Helen...I'm so sorry I didn't return your call after the AIM. I just now remembered. icon_sad.gif *blushing*

Thanks for the heads up! I will let you know if I can make it to the meeting. Thank you!! icon_smile.gif

Cookie4 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:46am
post #7 of 8

No problem at all, I know you are up to your eyeballs setting up your new bakery. I hope all is going well for you. I saw your post on the WMI site about equipment and I am on the lookout for you. Best Wishes for a successful new business venture!!!!!

Cakepro Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:50am
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much! If you ever venture down south, please come by and visit. I'm in Santa Fe (on the way to Galveston) - although I know it's half a world away from where you live! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%