Laundry Gals - Where Are You?

Lounge By jlynnw Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:27am by favrtdtr

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 5:20am
post #31 of 166

Between Denver and Fort Collins. You she see the snow right now-coming down like crazy!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:09am
post #32 of 166

Hope you ladies don't mind me posting on the thread...I never even read the other one...just noticed it was huge and I'd have to read 10000 million pages to catch up icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhow, Sadsmile, both of my girls went through a phase like that. Valerie took hers out of her diaper and wiped it on her dolls butts so they could be going too, and that's how she lost her most favorite cloth-bodied dolls in the world. Sophia picked up a piece of hers and ate it...the poor kid has had an unholy obsession with chocolate since birth and I think she thought it was chocolate. Anyhow, both survived and outgrew it.

In the meantime what about an outfit where she can't access her diaper? Like those cute little blanket sleepers? They make them in big kid size and I know it's hot where you're at but if you put her that you could skip the blanket. Either that or a onesie and some pants, or tell her she's a ballerina and get her a leotard or two. And don't feel bad...when Val was 4 I had to go to the Goodwill for some overalls because she kept mooning everyone, everywhere!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm
post #33 of 166

Texas_Rose, we are a very welcoming group! That last thread would be a huge undertaking if you weren't in it from the start for sure!

Sad Smile, I don't have any advice for your little pooper that the other ladies haven't shared. Luckily when mine did that they were a lot younger so it was easier to put them in pajamas that they couldn't get out of. What a beautiful product of laundry you have there, sorry she is creating so much more real laundry for you!

And Summer, my kids are so jealous! Here I am sitting up in Canada with green grass - they want it to snow so bad! I'm ok until Christmas time...then it can snow.

And for those who didn't read the first thread, it started with a story that Summer had posted earlier, first few pages were jokes using laundry terms to describe various adult things, then turned into a lets talk about everything and anything kind of thing. It really made friends out of many of us.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:37pm
post #34 of 166

Well then... I'll say with four kids in our house getting the laundry done is quite a challenge. I'd also say we have done our fair share of laundry over the years. icon_wink.gif
And any way you take that it's true. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:23pm
post #35 of 166

OK - a piece of good news for a change. My ex-landlord called Teri a few minutes ago, appologized, and begged her to come back to both the room and the full-time job. Thank goodness - she's safe and secure enough and I can concentrate on getting me outta here.

Texas Rose - so glad you're here too. Carson's right - we've all become friends and the more the merrier.

Sadsmile - I sure hope one of these suggestions works out for you and your angel....

Jlynn - glad things are going well with mil - hope things get better with both DH and allergies. I love Fall - but my allergies are the worst then, LOL

sadsmile Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:58pm
post #36 of 166

Oh I can not believe this... A pipe broke in the wall and hot water is leaking through the master bath into the Master carpet and into the garage.
This is the second time a pipe has broke in the wall here. We just moved in 6 months ago. The service America Company that the landlord has for emergencies like this is not coming out tonight. They didn't come out last time when it was an emergency on the weekend. This is the second time in a month that they are leaving my family with no running water and not able to flush the toilets.

favrtdtr Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:34am
post #37 of 166

OMG - Sadsmile - I am soooo sorry!!! That really really SUCKS!!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:42am
post #38 of 166

O M G what are they thinking. A family and no plumbing? What does it take to get an emergency declared?

Texas Rose please join in. I would have pretty stars like you if the laundry thread was around. icon_cry.gif They took all my posts away and now I am nothing. We all know that the stars mean so much, like I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much time talking about laundry and not the real cake stuff I need to be. The thread meant a lot to me, many recipes, tips, heartaches, blessings, and a way to reach out to others when we were in need and be there for others. It was a great support system. The friendships that seem to have lasted for years. I can't believe that I missed getting to meet some when we could have. The ladies, I don't believe a man ever did write only possibly lurked, are a good bunch who would give the world for you. I wrote on my blessing leaf that I was thankful for the thread. This year would not have been as easy without it.
Thinking of a funeral for our dear departed friend/thread.

Carson Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:10am
post #39 of 166

I haven't heard from Mommyle in a long time, but then again, I don't check other threads like I do this one. Mel hasn't checked in yet but I know she isn't far!

Sadsmile, with four kids in the house that is just crazy! I've had my share of flooding issues (if you ever got to read the original thread) and it sucks the big one! I guess if one thing the laundry thread gave me was that this problem will pass - and we'll be worried about something else in the next page. It is almost like therapy...because when your in the moment it feels like eternity.

I am happy you got some good news (finally!) Favs...still waiting for you to post about the fabulous job I know you will get soon!

sadsmile Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:26pm
post #40 of 166

No I didn't every see the other Laundry thread. I saw one I interrupted a client during... was that the one? I didn't read the mini sagas...LOL
And you are right day by day more things pop up and yesterdays is just a memory.
Last night I was more mad that the company would leave us high and dry. But we made it last time and they will be here today to fix it so. It's just an inconvenience-a wet one. The owner is having a real plumber come out to look at the bigger picture of replacing the pipes. You guys should see what is in these walls! The company who did the plumbing when the house was built went out of business for doing it illegally. It looks like bring your kid to work day Tinker-Toy-Pipes.
LL

Carson Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:32am
post #41 of 166

Well, I'm no plumber but that does look like a mess! What a pain!

jlynnw Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:22pm
post #42 of 166

icon_surprised.gif Wow, I am speachless - rare thing.

sadsmile Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:43pm
post #43 of 166

I am soo embarrassed! I can't stand for my house to be messy when anyone is coming over. Well with the 2nd flood I am even further behind on my laundry and the dishes weren't quite finished because there wasn't hot water till Monday and the dishwasher was already full before the pipe broke. There are six of us and only one of me.
Anyhow the guy shows up this morning to bring in fans to dry everything out since the plumbers came on Monday and fixed the leak. He starts to bring in fans and I realize OMG the cat box does not need a fan on it. I go to move it and realize no one had cleaned it out since Sunday. Blah.

Then the insurance adjuster comes to join the party. He starts looking around. At least the bathroom is really clean but my closet. The one that I ignore. The one still filled with boxes since we moved. OK half empty open boxes haphazardly stacked. And we also very quickly threw all of the stuff from the other closet that was flooded in there.
OMG he took pictures! There is no damage to that closet but my pile of stuff. Just taking pictures of the mess.

Yes we just moved in 6 months ago and life has been going so fast I haven't completely unpacked yet. But did he have to take pictures. I am just sure they are all getting a good laugh. But the really embarrassing thing is that he is an in law to my landlord. I am like mortified he is going to tell her.

So I have a wind tunnel in the room and I am trying to organize things. before somebody else shows up. Atleast I have finished the kitchen and two more loads of laundry.

jlynnw Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:29am
post #44 of 166

don't be imbarassed. I am sure they have seen things that would make you blush! It is only to document the damage. They expect things to be a bit messed up, you just hade a pipe burst! It is OK. Just be glad you did not have your honeymoon nightie hanging out.

Carson Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:58am
post #45 of 166

Well gals, in an effort to get healthier (and keep my Pancreas in check) I decided to loose 25 lbs. Its extra weight that I have noticed lately (mostly in my bra, lol, but that will be the first to go too!) I am not too good at keeping motivated, I like to see the results immediately - but that never happens!!! Got back to my Wii Fit - trying to eat well and am not being too hard on myself! My only problem is with my recent Pancreatitis attack I am cautious with my stomach/back but that is the one place I'd like to see some real results! Anyways, that's my story about that for now.

Got my little Grade 1 girl report card today - she is just too smart! I'm so proud of her, she is currently in a Grade 1/2 split classroom and she is at the top of the class, even above the Grade 2s. There are 262 sight words they have to learn by the end of the year and she is finished and in the first term of Grade 1 reading/spelling at a Grade 3 level. She is also "exceeding expectations" (teachers words) in singing in music - which also makes me happy cause I am such a musical person myself. I've actually taught her piano, she's picked it up in no time. Ok, I'll quit now, I'm just proud of her and after all the complaining and problems I come here seeking help for I just wanted to be able to gloat for a little while!

favrtdtr Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:47pm
post #46 of 166

Sadsmile - I hope things get better for you and that did look like an awful mess! I think everyone has a closet like that in their homes somewhere....and I bet people coming to fix stuff are used to them too.

Carson - I'm so happy for you and your daughter. Good luck with the weightloss and the motivation. I hope your daughter continues to excel in school and continues to want to. icon_smile.gif

My parents changed their minds and decided to come to Florida for a little while - they came last week and are ticked off I didn't tell them I had no where to stay. I just didn't want them changing their plans for me - they're supposed to be enjoying their retirement and I'm in my mid-thirties ya know? Anyway, I'm staying with them for a little while and if I haven't found something by the time they leave to go out west, I may go with them. I don't know yet. Hope all is well with everyone else and I'll talk to ya later.

favrtdtr Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:51pm
post #47 of 166

Oh - I meant to put this on my last post - duh, lol. I love to do Christmas cards - if anyone would like to receive one (and no you don't have to send one back), let me know so I can get your name and address from ya.

jlynnw Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:01pm
post #48 of 166

Carson - enjoy every little and big thing in life. It seems we all have major ills and problems. The potential of your DD is big and deserves to be excited about. It shows all the hard work and love you have given your daughter are paying off.

Favs - glad to see your parents came out and things are OK for the moment. I hope things get permant reall soon.

Carson Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 5:48pm
post #49 of 166

Well, I made it out alive!!! (From my scope that is)

I am actually back to work today, it went well except for a few side effects but no Pancreatitis! I am happy because I was sure it wouldn't go as well. I have some lovely pictures of my insides now - but can't diagnose from those myself (lol) so I'm waiting for the follow up appointment.

Favs, let your parents help you! There is nothing wrong with it.

How is everyone else? This thread is slow moving.

favrtdtr Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:19pm
post #50 of 166

Carson - congrats on the scope going well and on no pancreatitis - that's AWESOME!! Keep us posted on the follow ups.

Not much going on here - still plugging along trying to find a job, lol....i live a very boring life.....

jlynnw Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:57am
post #51 of 166

Yeah for not pancreatitis! I will be sending a special thanks for that tomorrow! May you be blessed with a speeding recovery and diagnosis.

I am going slow and steady at work and things have changed a lot and not much time for ya'lls. I am so sorry. Just a quick shout out to all my peeps

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all

Carson Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:48am
post #52 of 166

Yes! I forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving! I am sure all you ladies will be busy with families tomorrow.

I'm just trying to figure out Christmas shopping - I really have NO IDEAS this year and way too many for the kids!

summernoelle Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:00am
post #53 of 166

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Where is Tita?

jlynnw Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:20am
post #54 of 166

WOW it has been a great day. My DD finally decided at last minute to come for dinner icon_cry.gif It was so hard to have her as a guest and not the same little girl.

Christmas is going to be interesting. We are trying to do it all semi-homemade style. If anyone has ideas please share. Things were going good until "they" said no baked stuff this year.

Carson Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 8:49pm
post #55 of 166

In honor of American Thanksgiving (I know I'm a day late) I had a lovely piece of Pumpkin pie...I think that should be a year round treat!

Ok, nothing too exciting to report - I'm working on a Dinosaur cake for my nephew tonight. With being sick and stuff I haven't done many cakes lately and am a little out of practice!

favrtdtr Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:45pm
post #56 of 166

Happy Thanksgiving late, LOL. Carson - I agree I think pumpkin pie should be a year round treat as well.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Summer - tita is on very rarely these days - she has her step kids living with her now and life is very hectic for her

summernoelle Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:52am
post #57 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by favrtdtr

Happy Thanksgiving late, LOL. Carson - I agree I think pumpkin pie should be a year round treat as well.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Summer - tita is on very rarely these days - she has her step kids living with her now and life is very hectic for her

Well, BOOOO! thumbsdown.gif I miss getting to talk to her.

favrtdtr Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 1:34am
post #58 of 166

No one wants Christmas cards? I promise not to stalk you - unless of course you want me to stalk you and then I can try....LOL icon_wink.gif

Carson Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 4:44pm
post #59 of 166

Snow, snow, snow - everywhere! We finally got a snowfall, my kids are happy, I am not! We are actually moving my Mom into the city and the roads are horrible!

sadsmile Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 5:19pm
post #60 of 166

Oh drive carefully Carson! And such good news about no pancreatitis!

Thanks Favrtdtr. The land lord finally called me on Sunday and offered to pay my hubby for fixing the holes(instead of hiring someone else) and will have the carpet replaced in Jan. So when he has time off in two weeks we will be working on repairs. My land lord is so nice she said to take off $200.00 off the rent and get something for the kids and she wants to bring by carpet samples so we can pick which one.

I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing, resting time after all that cooking from Thanksgiving. My mom and my hubby's parents were here. I must have been in the kitchen for three days straight cooking everything from scratch.

My little poo-monkey is enjoying potty training. She'll sit there a minute and get an all discouraged look on her face and say, "Mommy, it not working." And then a huge smile warms across her face and she gets excited and shouts, "It working Mommy it working!", over the tinkling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%