Lf Michael's Coupon

Decorating By Classycakes Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 3:03am by Rylan

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:04am
post #1 of 27

I'm going to Nevada tomorrow for a couple of weeks holiday and I'm planning on doing some shopping for cake supplies. It would be greatly appreciated is someone could post a 50% Michael's coupon or any other coupon that you think I might find useful.

Any suggestions as to cake supply stores would also be very welcome!

Thanks so much!

26 replies
Rosey1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosey1120 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:20am
post #2 of 27

AC Moore usually has coupons on their website and if you sign up for their email they send them to you each Sunday I don't know about other areas, but here, on Long Island, Michaels, Joanns, & AC Moore each take the others coupons (except Joanns won't take the others on fabric because the other stores don't sell fabric).

Have a great vacation!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:31am
post #3 of 27

The last Michaels coupon that I got in my email expires today. You could sign up for their email to get their coupons while you're there, and then just cancel later. You might check if Hobby Lobby is in the city you're going to also, they've got tons of stuff too and they have a coupon on their website to print out every week.

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:41am
post #4 of 27

I'm signed up online for Michael's coupons here in Canada but they only offer 40% coupons here. 50% is so much better!!!

I'll try to find a postal code for Las Vegas/Henderson area and see if I can access the U.S. coupons.

Haven't been to JoAnn's before nor AC Moore so I'm looking forward to finding one of their stores.

It's really hard to get nice ribbon here in Newfoundland (other than Walmart or Michael's) to go around the cake tiers so I'm hoping to find a good supplier of quality ribbons too!

So much to do...so little time!!!! icon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:46am
post #5 of 27

I only get 40% coupons too. Maybe it varies by area. I do know that here if you go to Michaels and buy something, sometimes a 50% coupon will print out on your receipt but they don't always do that.

I just looked on their website and Hobby Lobby isn't in Nevada yet.

About cake supply stores, I bet if you PM Rylan, he would know icon_biggrin.gif

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 27

Can't seem to find a listing for AC Moore in Nevada. When I do the store locator, the closest that comes up is Florida. Much too long for a day trip!!!

Anyone know if there's an AC Moore in Nevada?

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classycakes

I'm going to Nevada tomorrow for a couple of weeks holiday and I'm planning on doing some shopping for cake supplies. It would be greatly appreciated is someone could post a 50% Michael's coupon or any other coupon that you think I might find useful.

Any suggestions as to cake supply stores would also be very welcome!

Thanks so much!

This one is 45% off one item and is good until October 31. I used it yesterday, so I know it works.

http://www.aaasouth.com/newsletter/1009/michael_45Offer.pdf

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 27

I don't know what your exact travel plans are, but Michaels is having a 4 hour sale Sunday night, the 25th from 4 pm - 8 pm and w/ their coupon, you can have 15% off your ENTIRE order. I would log onto their website and see if you can get a coupon for that sale as well. The ad says it includes sale items as well. All their Holloween items are marked down 40/50%. Hope you can get there. Good Luck....

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #9 of 27

Oh, that's too bad! Our flight doesn't get in until 10:30 pm Sunday night. I figured we would probably go shopping later in the week. We're staying on the Strip but we will rent a car for a few days to go exploring for cake goodies.

PatW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatW Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:25pm
post #10 of 27

I would call and ask the hotel if they could possibly get you a copy of the local sunday paper including the advertisements. That way you would see everything that is on sale for the week and have whatever coupons are available for each store that has an ad this coming week.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:02pm
post #11 of 27

I received my coupons for this week already...its only 40% off one item and then there's a 15% off entire purchase...
LL

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:10pm
post #12 of 27

Thank you Baycheeks! I've got the ones that come to me in email and now I'll print yours too. I was going to print multiple copies of the ones I received but they all have a code and I don't know if you can use the same one twice. this way I'll have two different ones!

Thanks so much!

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:19pm
post #13 of 27

Ohh you can, I've printed out several and used them on different days of the week...

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:44pm
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classycakes

Thank you Baycheeks! I've got the ones that come to me in email and now I'll print yours too. I was going to print multiple copies of the ones I received but they all have a code and I don't know if you can use the same one twice. this way I'll have two different ones!

Thanks so much!

Yes, you can use them but you have to pay at different register...that is what I do everytime that I need something and have this coupon...the only thing is that you can not pay in the same register or if the cashier wants to be nice he/she will tell you pay each transaction one with credit card and the other cash or gift certificate...

Cristi-Tutty Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:50pm
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I only get 40% coupons too. Maybe it varies by area. I do know that here if you go to Michaels and buy something, sometimes a 50% coupon will print out on your receipt but they don't always do that.

I just looked on their website and Hobby Lobby isn't in Nevada yet.

About cake supply stores, I bet if you PM Rylan, he would know icon_biggrin.gif

I am sorry everyone but I just wanted to say that I think your daughter is so adorable...and this is how I picture my daughter when she will be her age...of course I am not that talent hahahaha...her cake is beautiful....congratulations...

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:28pm
post #16 of 27

If your going to Las Vegas, which it sounds as if you are, there is a Michaels there. There is also a very cute little cake decorating store in Henderson called Tempting Treasures. But you will not be able to use the Michaels coupons there. Although I go there when ever I'm in town much better for supplies than Michaels. I do not believe they have a Hobby Lobby and not sure of Joann's

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:29pm
post #17 of 27

That's good to know. I'll print off several then. My hubby can use one and I'll use one, and we're going with friends so I'll make them use one too!!

Thanks everyone!!

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #18 of 27

We try to go to Vegas every year after busy cake season. They have several Michael's there and I believe there is a Joann's in Henderson so this time I'll make my way to Henderson to go there. I'll see if I can find the Tempting Treasures too because that sounds like a nice place.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:17pm
post #19 of 27

Hi! If you are going to Las Vegas, there are many Michaels and some Joann's.

Like already mentioned, there is Tempting Treasures by Jan in Henderson.

Check out Chef Rubber--they have tons of molds and really neat things.

There is also Sur La Table at the Miracle Miles shop at the strip.

You can also check out LV Gourmet to get some fondant ($53 for 20lbs) and other ingredients.

Good luck!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:28pm
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Hi! If you are going to Las Vegas, there are many Michaels and some Joann's.

Like already mentioned, there is Tempting Treasures by Jan in Henderson.

Check out Chef Rubber--they have tons of molds and really neat things.

There is also Sur La Table at the Miracle Miles shop at the strip.

You can also check out LV Gourmet to get some fondant ($53 for 20lbs) and other ingredients.

Good luck!

There is a Sur La Table about 2 hours from me, is it worth going, what do they have? TIA

Classycakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:34pm
post #21 of 27

Thank you so much Rylan! I'm writing all these down in my trusty note book.

Oh, I'm going to have so much fun!!! thumbs_up.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm
post #22 of 27
Cristi-Tutty Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:00am
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

These are good until the 31st.

http://mic.michaels.com/20091022MSUSAArt.aspx?id=251&referenceno=03860104151.

This is what shows when a click on it "Invalid Reference No. "

Thank you!!!!!

Mrs_MandM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_MandM Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:56am
post #24 of 27

I print my coupons from http://www.wow-coupons.com/printable-retail-coupons.php

Usually one of the stores has 50%, but you can print as many as you want (but our stores only accept one per customer per visit).

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:12pm
post #25 of 27

http://mic.michaels.com/20091022MSUSAArt.aspx?id=251&referenceno=03860104151

I hope it works now I don't know happened to the last one.

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:34pm
post #26 of 27

Try to "google" michael's coupon and see what pops up. I usually do that and always find one - then I print off a few. Never had a problem using them, they always seem to work

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:03am
post #27 of 27

Tatorchip, as far as I recall, they have lots of cookie cutters, some Wilton supplies, pans, dragees and a few neat things. They don't really specialize in cake supplies but they do have more than Michaels or Joanns.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%