White Chocolate Raspberry Cake From Wasc

Baking By ebredhawk Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 9:25pm by vickymacd

ebredhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebredhawk Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 14

i am finally venturing into the world of WASC and i'm pretty excited about it! the first cake i want to try it with is supposed to be white chocolate raspberry and i was hoping that changing around some components of the WASC recipe could get me there.

is it possible to substitute white chocolate rasp. yogurt for the sour cream? i've also seen some recipes that put melted white chocolate in the cake... would i be able to do this with WASC?

as you can tell this is my first attempt to really alter a recipe and i would really really appreciate the advice of people who truly know what they're doing!

13 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 14

All you need to do is add about 6 oz. of melted and cooled (not hardened, but not hot) white chocolate (don't use candy melts instead of white chocolate for some reason they make the cake sink in the middle once cooled)
Add the chocolate directly to your batter and add 1-2 tsp. of raspberry extract or 1-2 capfuls of lorann raspberry flavored oil. This is one of the flavors I offer and make it quite often FYI It's REALLY good if you alternate cheesecake mousse and raspberry sleeve fillings between the layers! One of my favorite cakes ever!

Oh and when you add the pudding mix...........add white chocolate pudding mix.

recipe for cheesecake mousse filling is just 2 c. liquid Rich's Bettercreme whipped icing w/ 1 pkg. cheesecake puddding mix and 1c. mix...whip until you get medium peeks.......so yummy! Also, this filing is safe at room temp. for up to 5 days...try that with a REAL mousse lol

ebredhawk Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 14

thank you so much for your help! i'm definitely using the raspberry sleeve filling for this one.. so delicious!

the WASC recipe (kakeladi's) i was looking at doesn't seem to call for pudding mix... is there a different recipe i should be looking at? if i could use the melted white chocolate, lorann's raspberry and white chocolate pudding that would be perfect!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 14

KHalstead

Thanks for the recipe on the cheesecake mousse - sounds great!!!

KHalstead Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 14

I don't know if there is an actual recipe that calls for it, I just add a box of pudding to all of my cakes!

ebredhawk Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 14

well that's even easier!! just a white cake mix, flavoring, pudding and whatever the box calls for? sorry for all of the questions... definitely new to this part!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 14

Y'all are making me hungry! icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 14

Is there a recipe that can take the white chocolate pudding mix? Has anyone tried it in the WASC?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:56pm
post #9 of 14

.........the WASC recipe (kakeladi's) i was looking at doesn't seem to call for pudding mix.........

I have used pudding (dry) in some of my cakes - yes, the WASC. The recipe does not call for it but I have added it when I wanted a special flavor. No other changes were necessary.

KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:05pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk

well that's even easier!! just a white cake mix, flavoring, pudding and whatever the box calls for? sorry for all of the questions... definitely new to this part!!

You got it..........I actually add white choc. pudding to all of my white cakes (people don't realize.......they're always saying, your white cake isn't bland like everywhere else...lol)

make sure you still add melted white choc. too though to pump up the white choc. flavor (if you JUST add the white choc. pudding mix it's not a very strong white choc. flavor...just not as bland as white cake)

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:07am
post #11 of 14

good tips on the WASC... I am always afraid to test out a change in a recipe

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #12 of 14

Yes, there are two different WASC cake recipes.
Kakeladi's is the original and uses whole eggs while the other one doesn't. Kakeladi's also makes half as much if you need a smaller batch. I have made both and both are delicious.

As far as adding ingredients/flavors, I'm too chicken to alter this.

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:37pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

good tips on the WASC... I am always afraid to test out a change in a recipe

Never be afraid to alter a recipe. I started playing with the WASC myself and now I not only have my own version of it, but I have about 12 other flavors that stem from that. Just make sure you take LOTS of notes! icon_biggrin.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 9:25pm
post #14 of 14

Yeah, I know about the testing, but with my luck, I'd have the most expensive flavored pancakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%